Re: Email deletion by the Verizon email server
RRzepka
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you, but I've seen these links before.

The only problem is that for reasons unknown or by actions undefined by Verizon, the messages continue to get deleted.

Email Retention

• All read Verizon Online email messages remain on the Verizon server until you decide to delete them.  All unread Verizon Online email messages are deleted from the Verizon server after 90 days.

The messages that were deleted back in February and within in the last few days had all been read by me previously and had not been reset as "unread".

Outlook Express: Your messages are stored on your computer as long as you need them, unless you specify to store all email messages on the Verizon server.

Nope.  I do not access messages from another email client and no auto delete rules set up.

Very strange.

-R Rzepka

0 Likes
Chamilia

FINALLY!!!!! I thought I was losing my mind!!! I've had this same problem for MONTHS and have tried everything!! I contacted LiveChat twice and they could not help me. They said no one else had reported this problem!!!!! I've lost very important emails and am ready to switch not only email providers but switch from Verizon entirely!!!!

I changed my password and that didn't seem to work. I do not have any other email providers that may be in conflict (LiveChat checked and found nothing that should interfere).

What can I do???????

0 Likes
uv5

Why are we not being helped by Verizon.? I am sure that we are not the only ones to lose months and months of "read" emails from our accounts when Verizon rolled out the new email version around 2/21/2012.  I just discovered my loss recently. At least Verizon should have the courtesy to acknowledge puplicly what they did to us. Why did they not back up emails on their server, so they could be retrieved if there were transition problems with the new platform?  Also it seems that for some even now, months later after the new platform was introduced, emails are disappearing.

Like others I do not use Outlook nor is my email connected to any other device, so that is not what caused the problem.

0 Likes
mensa58

Mine is doing the same thing -- my Web-based Verizon inbox has read messages only as far back as early March 2012, but my Outlook inbox (on my home computer) has them back until November, when I opened the account.  The online Verizon FAQ and "ask Verizon" features had absolutely no help.  Any thoughts on how I can restore those messages to the web Inbox?

The other weird thing is that I'll read and/or delete messages from Outlook, but they still show up in the Web inbox as unread.

0 Likes
POedinPA

I was wondering if anyone got to the problem of this issue. Is the retention policy to blame? I, too, have not maxed out my storage allowance and I have virtually lost most email from February and March of 2012. I have lost soem important emails and i am really not happy about the randomness of the issue and that Verizon is not addressing this.

Specificially, for me...

The verizon system/server, whatever it is, upon deleting OR moving emails to the Trash box, will randomly delete not the emails chosen, but other emails. Virtually all the emails in my INbox from the months of February and March have been deleted in this manner. Everything time I delete or move an email to Trash, I need to verify that the intended emails are there and not others emails that I did not check off to delete.

Fellow Community members OR Verizon - please help!

0 Likes
uv5

You have pinpointed what is going on. Messages not marked for deletion are being deleted randomly when those marked for detion did not get deleted at first try. Now I have to check Trash every day to move messages back to Inbox. It is very annoying and disturbing to say the least. ANTHONY - VERIZON, PLEASE GET THIS BUG FIXED. Of course even when hopefully fixed ASAP, it will never bring back the several months of emails we lost when the new email version was installed.

0 Likes
POedinPA

uv,

Thanks for your reply. I hope Verizon has a solution for us soon. I emailed customer support and have not received any response except the robo-receipt. Checking email is much more time consuming now with all the checking we need to do.

0 Likes
KCinRVA

This problem has NOT been fixed by Anthony or anyone else. I am new Verizon subscriber (3 months) and have found the e-mail to be almost unusable. Today I opened e-mail and discovered 3 out of 4 pages of mostly read messages had disappeared. I knew about the 90-day policy on unread mail, but 80% of these were read massages that I (obviously) needed to keep. I do not use Outlook or any other program.  I have had other problems as well that I have tried to contact Verizon about and get nowhere--no response, not even a "We received your message and will get back to you." I've been reading posts going back two years all morning from other subscribers with many of the same issues that I've had. Maybe we should start a "We Hate Verizon" Facebook page and see if that gets results.

0 Likes