Email errors out with Outlook but available via webmail
jmufes
Enthusiast - Level 2

This morning, my Outlook suddenly won't access my email.  I downloaded the mini-app troubleshooter, and it says it can't fix it.  Anyone else having this issue?

0 Likes
Re: Email errors out with Outlook but available via webmail
YankeeDoodle1
Enthusiast - Level 3

There are a couple of related forum discussions regarding this.  You may want to check other forum discussions because there is a problem with outlook and other email clients. 

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  You're talking to other customers here.

There are reports on dslreports.com's FiOS user forum of problems with Verizon's email servers.  Several people have reposted chat threads with Verizon support indicating the problem is known and being worked on.  No estimate of a time to fix has been given.  Web mail is reportedly working.

I don't use Verizon's email service, so consider this information 2nd hand or worse.

If you want an official comment from Verizon, I suggest  you call or chat with them.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
Sybarite1

Same problem this morning on multiple computers.  D-Link 2750B status lights OK.  Rebooted computers with no improvement.  Rebooted (power-cycled) the D-Link router-modem with no improvement.

Suddenly email began to work again but very slowly.  Speed improved after a while.

Is there a link to network status that Verizon maintains?  I thought there was one but I can't find it.

0 Likes
ZaneyT

Is this still happening?  I keep getting email errors--sending and receiving.  The pop up says "Enter your user name and password for the following server."  These have not changed and all of a sudden they do not seem to work.  I've checked all my settings.  Periodically this is a problem with email. 

0 Likes
Satyrman

Yeah, I am suffering the same fate on my Outlook 2013.  Second time this has happened in a month and I am getting sick and tired of it.  I depend on my outlook for storage of emails and this isn't good, emails building up on webmail to a point of frustration.  Verizon SUCKS!!!!!!

0 Likes
Satyrman

Look how long it took them to fix the "Keep me logged on" issue.  Horrendous customer service at Verizon.

0 Likes
ZaneyT

Agreed!  But where else to go?  Comcast?  Another joke, indeed.

0 Likes
Tomm-info

I had a problem with Outlook and went to get support help from India? That didn't help, but they were nice.

I found the solution myself. The new port settings are needed in the client (Outlook and others), but you also have to change the port settings in the router. Does this look familiar?

Be careful with the router stuff. It's like changing the registry in the computer. If you mess it up my might have to call somebody to fix it.

Does it surprise you that verizon would not mention that information? Maybe they prefer that we use web mail only.

First go into advanced settings then protocols. You'll see that the old port settings are listed.

To get into the router setting an ip address must entered where the page address goes at the browser (http://198.168.1.1) I can't remember exactly. It's probably different where you are located. You can find out by getting verizon router setting info. 

Make sure that you write everything down first.

0 Likes