Email filter
Omni-Potent
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm getting a lot of spam from a source that constantly changes its domain. However, the format for the domain will always be "somthing.somthing.com". Here a few examples:

jgu.bene.com

iwe.unbene.com

blj.baridsc.com

I will get a few emails from each domain, then it changes. Also, they are always sent with high importance. Marking them as spam does not stop them, nor does forwarding them on to the spamnotdetected address stops them. Most of the other spam emails are deverted to the spam folder.

I've tried setting up   *.*.com   in the filter, but that doesn't work. I assume now a asterix won't work as a wild card? And if I could filter out any emails that are sent with high importance, that should work. I get no emails from anybody else that are sent with high importance to this address.

Any suggestions?

Re: Email filter
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Spam is a highly annoying side effect of the digital times. When a spammer changes their domain theres no way it can be identified once on the new domain. Theres no .*. rules that could be applied either. The best thing you can do is to keep forwarding the emails to the spamdetector not caught address or to use a third party spam filter which would increase the catch rate.