×

Switch Account

Email from fiosadmin@verizon.com for every phone call that comes in on caller ID?

Email from fiosadmin@verizon.com for every phone call that comes in on caller ID?

SOLVED
Reply
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Posts: 6,819
Registered: ‎08-23-2008
Message 1 of 11
(2,670 Views)

Anyone else have this issue? If so please vote for an idea to fix it. I am forwarding all to the spam address because they have been told more than once to stop sending it. So that is considered spamming. Verizon spamming their customers because they will not fix their system. I bet if it was me, my Email would be stopped. We shall see what response this gets. I have called about it twice and refuse to call a third time.

 

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/Fix-the-broken-CID-System-that-sends-emai...

10 REPLIES 10
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V
Posts: 1,692
Registered: ‎05-17-2009
Message 2 of 11
(2,658 Views)

Verizon requires its agents to send what is called a "Post contact email" after every call. They are supposed to ask the customer if it is ok to send them the email with "helpful troubleshooting links" and then send them the email. They are required to have a 70% acceptance rate. If they do not send emails to 70% of their customers they get dinged. And if they get dinged too many times they can loose their jobs (s*upid isnt it?). So many of the agents are no longer asking. They simply see an email listed on the acct and simply send it, with or without permission, in order to keep their jobs. You can ask them to stop and you may get an agent to remove the email from the contact portion, but the next time you call and an agent see's the email missing, many will go in, find it, and add it back.

 

In this economy and the difficulty in finding a job, let alone a well paying job like Verizon, many agents will resort to just about anything to keep it. And so long as Verizon requires them to meet certain levels of acceptance, many will just send it out, requested or not, permission or not.




====================================================================================

Error exists between keyboard and chair.
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Posts: 6,819
Registered: ‎08-23-2008
Message 3 of 11
(2,642 Views)

 

Sorry I modified the subject to include the caller ID part. Makes it clearer without having to click on the link to the idea to fix it.

 

I think you missed the part about this being Email for Caller ID that is not entered in VCA or anywhere else by me. They fixed the "Glitch" once and I called back and the guy was what????? Duh! Wanted to get intio my PC to check my email settings. You know how far that went.

 

 

-----Original Message-----

From: fiosadmin@verizon.com [mailto:fiosadmin@verizon.com]

Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2011 11:36 AM

To: MY VZ_ID@verizon.net

Subject: Call from xxxx(xxx-xxx-xxxx)

 

You have received a call from XXXXXX(xxx-xxx-xxxx)

Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Posts: 5,175
Registered: ‎08-05-2008
Message 4 of 11
(2,590 Views)

Mark,

 

Did you initially sign up for these emails or something? I used VCA on my PC from whenever it first became available until the Caller ID on TV did, never got an email. And for the last 1 1/2 years with Caller ID on the TV (I quit using VCA on the PC completely) I have never gotten an email. So I am wondering what the difference is?

 

If I was getting the emails I would go into the webmail interface and create a filter to just delete emails from that address and not worry about it ever again Smiley Very Happy

 

__________________________________
Justin
Verizon FiOS TV, Internet, and phone
QIP6416-P1, IMG 1.8, Build 02.54
Keller, TX 76248

Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Posts: 6,819
Registered: ‎08-23-2008
Message 5 of 11
(2,524 Views)

@Justin wrote:

Mark,

 

Did you initially sign up for these emails or something? I used VCA on my PC from whenever it first became available until the Caller ID on TV did, never got an email. And for the last 1 1/2 years with Caller ID on the TV (I quit using VCA on the PC completely) I have never gotten an email. So I am wondering what the difference is?

 

If I was getting the emails I would go into the webmail interface and create a filter to just delete emails from that address and not worry about it ever again Smiley Very Happy

 

__________________________________
Justin
Verizon FiOS TV, Internet, and phone
QIP6416-P1, IMG 1.8, Build 02.54
Keller, TX 76248


Justin

I did not sign up for these Emails and was told by one tech it was a glitch in the system. They fixed it once and it stopped. But the moment my CID on the TV stopped working because of router issues, the Emails started again. I would rather be a pain in the arse and report them back as spam. Since I asked for them not to be sent.

Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II
Posts: 3,149
Registered: ‎09-15-2009
Message 6 of 11
(2,484 Views)

prisaz wrote:

Justin

I did not sign up for these Emails and was told by one tech it was a glitch in the system. They fixed it once and it stopped. But the moment my CID on the TV stopped working because of router issues, the Emails started again. I would rather be a pain in the arse and report them back as spam. Since I asked for them not to be sent.


Then set up this filter:

If From matches fiosadmin@verizon.com then automatically send notification to spamdetector.notcaught@verizon.net

 

It will forward the message to the spam address and you'll never have to see it. Best of both worlds. Smiley Happy

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Posts: 6,819
Registered: ‎08-23-2008
Message 7 of 11
(2,468 Views)

 


@somegirl wrote:

@prisaz wrote:

Justin

I did not sign up for these Emails and was told by one tech it was a glitch in the system. They fixed it once and it stopped. But the moment my CID on the TV stopped working because of router issues, the Emails started again. I would rather be a pain in the arse and report them back as spam. Since I asked for them not to be sent.


Then set up this filter:

If From matches fiosadmin@verizon.com then automatically send notification to spamdetector.notcaught@verizon.net

 

It will forward the message to the spam address and you'll never have to see it. Best of both worlds. Smiley Happy


That is what I had done. Outlook gives you the option to forward as an attachment also. So I am doing both.

 

Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III
Posts: 497
Registered: ‎05-21-2009
Message 8 of 11
(2,399 Views)

it sounds like the email notification for calls is turned on in your VCA account...

 

regardless if you asked for the emails or not... have you logged into VCA and checked the settings.... perhaps it is a simple matter of turning that option off?

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bob Robertson - Lighter Klepto - I steal lighters, not bandwith
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Posts: 5,881
Registered: ‎07-22-2009
Message 9 of 11
(2,387 Views)

he's talking about a legimate glitch in the verizon matrix.  Happened to me too.  Fiosadmin@verizon is not a user configurable feature, it's a glitch at verizon and I haven't found anyone that can tell me why or how it's generated but they assured me that it's nothing that I did or triggered.   they were nice enough to turn it off for me, and it hasn't come back since, I am not sure why prisaz's is still coming if they turned his off too.  

Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Posts: 6,819
Registered: ‎08-23-2008
Message 10 of 11
(2,347 Views)

Yes read the OP. It is not VCA. It is VZ ERR

How-To Videos
 
The following videos were produced by users like you!
   
Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.


Browse Categories
Categories:
Posts

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.