Re: Email from verizon to change account settings
andp

I changed the settings for the verizon "Important Changes to your Verizon Email Accoun" email dated March 14, 2013 as instructed.  My  email with Microsoft Outlook Express would not work after adding the new settings.    I then spent about 2 hrs on the phone with Verizon Tech who finally told me to delete the new info that I put in and use my old settings.   This is the second attempt for this action.  Tried it on March 18, 2013.  Both times Verizon asked me to delete the info and use the OLD SETTINGS.   I have Windows XP - what will happen Sep 13 with my Outlook Express?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@andp wrote:

I changed the settings for the verizon "Important Changes to your Verizon Email Accoun" email dated March 14, 2013 as instructed.  My  email with Microsoft Outlook Express would not work after adding the new settings.    I then spent about 2 hrs on the phone with Verizon Tech who finally told me to delete the new info that I put in and use my old settings.   This is the second attempt for this action.  Tried it on March 18, 2013.  Both times Verizon asked me to delete the info and use the OLD SETTINGS.   I have Windows XP - what will happen Sep 13 with my Outlook Express?

It will eventually stop working.  Lots of people with Outlook Express on XP have it working. THE TECHS SHOULD BE TOLD NOT TO GIVE OUT THIS KIND OF ADVICE, especially for common configurations such as yours.

Assuming you can do with out email for a little bit (you can temporaily use webmail), carefully make the changes and review some of the peer response on this forum.  You should be able to use either the automatic or manual setup from Verizon's site

https://www22.verizon.com/ForYourHome/VZRepair/vziha/Service.aspx?ihaweb=EmailSetup

If it doesn't work try posting error message and pictures of settings (obscuring personal info) on this thread.  One of us peers will try to spot the problem for you

PS:  just tried lauching XP (virtual) and outlook Express.  I had no trouble making it work.  Most of the changes are off the outlook express account settings. Server and advanced tab.  On the advanced tab select the two ssl  buttons, change the ports. 

Double check the settings on the servers page making sure server names are right and that you have NOT checked use Secure Password Authentication

cyane

I changed my email settings for the second time, the first itme in March, then I went back to the old settings. Again I cannot access verizon.net except through the web. I am using Mac mail. What now?

0 Likes
kschles
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've got Apple products (Macbook Pro, Ipad, Iphone). Today I got the settings changed and working by using this step-by-step guidance from Verizon:

https://www22.verizon.com/ForYourHome/VZRepair/vziha/Service.aspx?ihaweb=EmailSetup

There were a few glitches, but I eventually worked it out. Good luck.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes