Email issues
JudyPE

I have an Iphone 5s. When I delete an Email on my phone it deletes it on my phone. But, When I check it at home on my computer it is still there.

How do I have it remove the Email from the server When I delete it on my phone so I don' have to review and delete it again.

thanx in advance,

JudyPE

0 Likes
Re: Email issues
PJL
Master - Level 3

@JudyPE wrote:

I have an Iphone 5s. When I delete an Email on my phone it deletes it on my phone. But, When I check it at home on my computer it is still there.

How do I have it remove the Email from the server When I delete it on my phone so I don' have to review and delete it again.

thanx in advance,

JudyPE

When you delete an email with any email client that uses POP3 (which applies here) it will not delete an email from the server when you delete it from your client unless you change a default setting in the client.  This is the way POP3 works.  The only way to delete an email from the server is to set your POP3 settings to NOT leave a copy on the server when it is downloaded to the client, in which case when it is downloaded to the client the server copy is deleted.  Again, this is the POP3 email standard.

The IMAP protocol supports synching email both ways (between client and server) so that the server mailbox and what you see in the client inbox are in synch.  But Verizon does not support IMAP.

0 Likes
Re: Email issues
JudyPE

PJL

thank you for your comments. i appreciate it.

i did find a 'remove from the server when deleted in the advanced settings section.

i will try that in a few minutes. it is my wifes phone so i don't do that she does. but, thanx it gets me to a better understanding

well ur right didn't work

thanx

0 Likes