Email not accessible via web today?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 18 of 39
(20,908 Views)

Yesterday, http://netmail.verizon.net let me access my email. Today, when I sign in on that page it takes me to the "My Verizon" page instead. If I click on the email tab in the middle of the page, it tells me that email preview is not available, then immediately reloads that page. Same if I try to get to email via Verizon Central. Anyone else seeing this?

38 REPLIES 38
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Email not accessible via web today?

Message 21 of 39
(20,900 Views)

Did you set up an SSO (Single Sign On) account using a Live Mail Passport?

It appears that is what it wanted as I signed on earlier with a Microsoft Passport at Verizon Central - a new sign process I'd never seen before.  The directions are a little unclear as at first I thought it wanted to link the VZ signon to a Passport but if I follwed the other tab it just to me to the live mail passport creation page.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Email not accessible via web today?

Message 24 of 39
(20,889 Views)

I've had the SSO for a long time and the same happened to me. All I can say is **bleep**.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Cannot Access WebMail Interface at all

Message 19 of 39
(21,043 Views)

Hi all -

As of this morning, I can no longer log into my Verizon Web Mail at all.  When I go to netmail.verizon.net or webmail.verizon.net and type in my username and password, instead of going to my email, I see the title bar message change that says, "Redirection My Verizon". 

Then, I get the "Please wait, we are retrieving your account information" message that you would usually get when you logon to verizon.com to pay your bill.  The screen just hangs here redirecting from verizon.net to verizon.com and I cannot access my Verizon web mail at all.  If I try to go to Verizon Central andclick on the email tab, the redirection attempt just starts over again, and does not go to email.

The only way I can get to my Verizon email today is via the mobile email app on my Verizon cell phone.  This is horrible.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Cannot Access WebMail Interface at all

Message 20 of 39
(21,038 Views)

@Jeffro wrote:

Hi all -

As of this morning, I can no longer log into my Verizon Web Mail at all.  When I go to netmail.verizon.net or webmail.verizon.net and type in my username and password, instead of going to my email, I see the title bar message change that says, "Redirection My Verizon". 

Then, I get the "Please wait, we are retrieving your account information" message that you would usually get when you logon to verizon.com to pay your bill.  The screen just hangs here redirecting from verizon.net to verizon.com and I cannot access my Verizon web mail at all.  If I try to go to Verizon Central andclick on the email tab, the redirection attempt just starts over again, and does not go to email.

The only way I can get to my Verizon email today is via the mobile email app on my Verizon cell phone.  This is horrible.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Did you set up an SSO (Single Sign On) account using a Live Mail Passport?

It appears that is what it wanted as I signed on earlier with a Microsoft Passport at Verizon Central - a new sign process I'd never seen before.  The directions are a little unclear as at first I thought it wanted to link the VZ signon to a Passport but if I follwed the other tab it just to me to the live mail passport creation page.

Highlighted
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Message 22 of 39
(21,033 Views)

This problem is related to the My Verizon 2.0 launch.

engineers are working on the integration issues between Verizon.com and Verizon.net websites.

There's a workaround but it depends on which web browser you're using.

If using IE7/8..  

When you go to http://webmail.verizon.net/ and sign-in, click No on the security prompt. (If Internet Explorer 8 or Windows 7, click Yes instead). Click on "My Services on the gray bar on the page, then click on "My Internet" on the left side of the page. Click on "Check Email" in the middle section towards the right. Once you sign-in again, you should have access to your email.

If you are using Google Chrome, Apple Safari, or Mozilla Firefox: When you go to http://webmail.verizon.net/ and sign-in, press the ESC (Escape) key on your keyboard or click Stop when you can clearly see the page to stop it from refreshing. Click on "My Services on the gray bar on the page, then click on "My Internet" on the left side of the page. Click on "Check Email" in the middle section towards the right. Once you sign-in again, you should have access to your email.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bob Robertson - Lighter Klepto - I steal lighters, not bandwith
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 23 of 39
(21,019 Views)

Beyond annoying;  way to communicate, Verizon. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Web Email

Message 25 of 39
(20,788 Views)

My web email is not working; I am not receiving any email at all to my Web account.  The Welcome address on the email page is {edited for privacy}  This is not my email address; it should be {edited for privacy} How do I change it?  The default From email address in the Setup section is correct; the email address in my Account is correct.     

Also, a previous email indicated I should update my White List.  How do I do that?  

Highlighted
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Re: Web Email

Message 26 of 39
(20,774 Views)

@Janet-RN wrote:

My web email is not working; I am not receiving any email at all to my Web account.  do you have outlook setup for your email? ..... If so, you would need to enable the option to "leave a copy of messages on the server" The Welcome address on the email page is {edited for privacy}  If it is something like, RESXXXXXX or VZEXXXXX.. do not worry about that, it is a Verizon identifier, only you and Verizon should be able to see that.. This is not my email address; it should be {edited for privacy} How do I change it?  The default From email address in the Setup section is correct; the email address in my Account is correct.     

Also, a previous email indicated I should update my White List.  How do I do that?  on the left hand side of the webmail, under "My settings", clik on "Mail" ... and in the middle of the screen is the "Blocking" Tab.... in there is the BLOCK SENDERS LIST and the SAFE LIST

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bob Robertson - Lighter Klepto - I steal lighters, not bandwith
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Changing an Outlook Express setting

Message 28 of 39
(20,731 Views)

I am now exclusively using Verizon Webmail on both my desktop (Vista) and laptop (XP).   I need to get in to Outlook Express on my laptop to change the setting so it will leave a copy of the emails on Webmail.  My Outlook Express automatically connects to the internet and and checks for new messages  and will pull my emails from Webmail.  How do I get in to OE to change the setting without connecting? 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.