Email not accessible via web today?
Fred_P

Yesterday, http://netmail.verizon.net let me access my email. Today, when I sign in on that page it takes me to the "My Verizon" page instead. If I click on the email tab in the middle of the page, it tells me that email preview is not available, then immediately reloads that page. Same if I try to get to email via Verizon Central. Anyone else seeing this?

0 Likes
VERIZON WEBMAIL PROBLEM
msparkin
Enthusiast - Level 2

• Sometimes when performing routine verizon webmail tasks (e.g.., send, go to my sent folder/trash, check mail, delete message) I receive the following error:

"We are unable to perform your request.  Please try again." 

When trying to send an email message, it just brings me back to the email I was composing.

I can hit the back arrow and return to previous task

• Unable to use the apostrophe when composing verizon webmail.  Whenever I hit the apostrophe key, I'm taken out of the email I'm composing and taken to the "find" task.

• Not receiving links in verizon webmail email messages.  I have to copy and paste the link in order to go to the link.  Previously I was receiving links and now all of sudden I'm not.

0 Likes
Re: VERIZON WEBMAIL PROBLEM
bswamp
Enthusiast - Level 3

QUOTE:Not receiving links in verizon webmail email messages.  I have to copy and paste the link in order to go to the link.  Previously I was receiving links and now all of sudden I'm not. UNQUOTE.

My account also has this sudden permanent failure starting in December 2009.

I have spent over 40 hours on tech support by phone with absolutely no resolution.  The problem is proven to occur regargdless of what computer or what browser is used - it is in VERIZON'S applications software.  Dozens of tech support personnel have assured me that they have absolutely NO CLUE how to resolve the problem or how it abruptly began.  The incapacity of Verizon to assign any software team to this problem is shameful.  The conclusion is strictly, "we're totally at a loss" is an atrocious approach to customer service.  NO OTHER webmail has this problem on a permanenet, systemic basis.  Verizon webmail function is horrible and I strongly recommend against paying for Verizon internet to any new customers.  What good is fiber optic technology with pure garbage as software and a garbage attitude on the company's part toward addressing their malfunctions?  For years I waited for FIOS; now I am sorry I dropped cable because of the contempt Verizon FIOS management has toward it paying customers.  We are not getting what we pay for, and they absolutely refuse to seriously address the issue.  If anyone has ever gotten rid of this problem, please tell us how.  Everyone who has this problem, please make yourself known and be counted.  It's intolerable that the company utterly ignores its own abyssmal failure.

0 Likes
bswamp
Enthusiast - Level 3

01-06-2010 06:57 PM I am reposting a problem that was brought up back in 11-13-2008. Original posting was: "When I receive an e-mail through verizon.net (webmail) that has a link to a website, the link is not active (underlined and in blue font). I have to cut the link from the body of the e-mail and then paste in the browser. Is there a setting so that you can click a web address in e-mail to link to it?" One reply was: "Linking in webmail only works with IE, Firefox and Crome it will not work. webmail was only coded with IE in mind without regards to other browsers (Webkit browsers). So you would have to use IE, or a client like outlook or outlook express, or mozillas mail client." I currently have this same webmail problem today 01-06-2010 (just started happening a few weeks ago). It was working ok before. I have tried different browsers (IE, Firefox and Chrome).

0 Likes
bswamp
Enthusiast - Level 3
Re: Web links in Verizon webmail (reposted)

I suggest you take a look at the Verizon response to this post.

--
"All knowledge is worth having."
If a forum member gives you an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Contributor
Re: Web links in Verizon webmail (reposted)

Unfortunately, Verizon's response did not provide a solution (see my response there). It just showed that another user is having the same problem that I have. No one has come up with a solution yet as far as I know

0 Likes
bswamp
Enthusiast - Level 3

Kindly note that a few of my above posts were reproductions of OTHER customers' past related messages.

Another observation of what Verizon ~can't do~:

When you send out an email that results in a delivery failure, verizon's notification (commonly referred to as a "bounceback") takes 3 to 4 days -if ever received at all.

Versus, for example, Yahoo, which take less than one minute.

It is a shame that fiber optic lines, supposed to be capable of the world's fastest transmissions, are connected to junk software that Verizon won't hire anyone to fix.  It is like having a brand-new, shiny car, with no motor in it.  No wonder, then, that it puts a strain on the driver's patience.

It is my hope that the chief executive of Verizon will have more concern for those who pay Verizon.

0 Likes
abcdef

Until they're embarrassed at a corporate level nothing will happen. We should mount a campaign to let the mainstream media know how bad their webmail service is. Their software people can't figure out what to do? What a joke. They should all be fired. I think I'll place a call to the CEO's office today to let him know that there is serious dysfunction in their webmail department. Sounds like they need to do some serious "housecleaning" in that department

0 Likes
bswamp
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is a response to recent forum posts on this topic under the heading

Anchor Text Links Not Working

Some suggest "tell the sender of messages they are doing something wrong..."

FALSE!

Subscribe to the same messages on several email providers and ONLY VERIZON will get the links as plain text.

Just because only some customers, but not all, randomly don't get what they pay for, does not mean it's OK.

Note:  this problem is a Verizon problem, not "your computer", NOT "your browser", NOT  "your senders of messages"

VERIZON KNOWS THIS. 

THEY HAVE NO SHAME, NO PRIDE, NO CUSTOMER SERVICE, NO RELIABLE SOFTWARE, NO COMPETENT OR EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT.

Blame the customer? NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Images won't load in Verizon Webmail
Morosemusician

Mac computer.  OS 10.5.  Safari 4.0.  Verizon Webmail.  E-mailed images (jpg) will not load on the e-mail screen.  Question marks appear on the screen.  The images appear as attachments listed near the top of the e-mail window.  When you click on the attachments, the photos appear and are downloaded to the desktop.  I have already checked webmail settings, and they should allow all images.  How do I get the images to load into the e-mail window rather than appear as attachments?

0 Likes
Re: Images won't load in Verizon Webmail
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you mean like this,

http://i50.tinypic.com/242h26r.jpg

then click on Load Images.

0 Likes