Email not received and email delayed
peterbb
Enthusiast - Level 2

My friends tell me that they have sent messages to me that I have not received. The messages bounce back to the sender.  Some messages get through but are delayed as much as 18 to 36 hours.  Sometimes senders will send a message to my wife and me (both @verizon.net)  and only only one of us will receive it.  The sender with the most problems getting their email to us has a @yahoo.com account.  This has been going on for a few weeks.  The problem is the same whether reading messages on webmail, my computer or my iPhone.  What is the problem and how can it be fixed?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Email not received and email delayed
mshear
Enthusiast - Level 1

Seems Verizon continues to have challenges managing technologies. Don't expect they will tell you but my own experience over the past 10 to 12 days is that they have had serious issues with the verizon.net servers where one could not even login let alone get the main page to display. I too, have had various problems with delayed email deliveries. I've spent quite a bit of time on the phone with verizon proving the problem is in their network. This is a company that is showing serious management issues. On the 6th I spoke with customer service who indicated they would get right back to me. Today (10 days later) I've had to call them back. Not a good sign!!

0 Likes
peterbb
Enthusiast - Level 2

I didn't get any help on the boards here, so I called Verizon tech support on the phone on December 17th.  The guy I spoke with contacted the "Email team" and they said that they have been aware of the problem for over two weeks. That really bugged me, since Verizon should have notified customers about this problem and alerted them to likelihood that some the messages coming from Yahoo.com would not get through.  I would have alerted my friends and business associates who use Yahoo to contact me by other means.  I need a reliable email system, as do the rest of Verizon's customers.  I'm still waiting for a text message from the Email team that the problem has been resolved.

0 Likes
Dakota221

I too have been going in circles with Verizon tech support on this issue.  The Techs are either clueless or deliberately avoiding what is a major Verizon system problem.  For the amount of money I pay Verizon every month this is not an acceptable service.  After the holidays I am looking into switching isp's to cable as i see there is a considerable history  of this same Verizon email complaint, but no verizon response with an answer

0 Likes
scottydog
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had been in touch with customer support from east to west coast's and very few supervisors are aware of this. One recent week ago, a high level support person said the servers are too few and they are designing and planing to upgrade them but without any complete date. So, the reply was, maybe a few months or a year.

For the time being, they are throttling email speeds to 1.5 down/1.5 up on webmail at all times and via email client software (outlook etc) it will vary depending on time of day. Faster at night, slower in daytime or business hours.

I believe this is decieving to all customers as I'm sure no one is getting any discount on their Fios Internet billing. I have asked for credits however, trouble tickets need to be generated first to make it easy for billing to verify there is a tech issue filed/pending on your account.  I have at least 100 hours of phone time and loss of capacity when it comes to my work due to very slow email speeds, something I rely on for my business. I really don't want to creat a gmail account that is free but unsupported however, will send and recieve emails perfectly fast. Did I mention that was free?  Verizon is charging a portion of the total ISP fee's for their email and news but can't deliver since September 2012.

All I can say is, send written letters to the CEO of Verizon, Lowell C. McAdam:

http://about.verizon.com/index.php/about/leadership-team/mcadam

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Mshear,  

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes