Email rejected as an attachment
ChrisPA1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just recently switched to Verizon and having been trying to send an email to a listserv list using my Verizon email.  It keeps being rejected with the message:

Your posting to the _____ list has been rejected because it only contains
attachments which are disallowed by the list configuration. Even though the list is configured to remove unwanted attachments and process the remaining text, in this case there would be nothing left after removing the unwanted data.

I haven't been sending any attachments, only a typed email.  I've checked all of the issues the site recommends, but the message is still rejected.  I know I can create a free email account for this listing, but I already have one (that doesn't work with this particular list) and since this list is the only thing I use my Verizon email for, it would kind of defeat the purpose of my Verizon email account.  Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated,.  I'm not the most computer literate and cannot figure out what is wrong!! 

Thanks!

Chris

Re: Email rejected as an attachment
ChrisPA1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, finally I found a fix...not sure if it's the best or correct, but it worked.  In case someone needs it one day:

I read the change HTML to plain text thread and clicked on the last link that was to the "old" verizon mail.  Then switched to plain text, , re-typed my message, and sent it.  I received an acknowledgement it was received, so it definitely went through. 

I do not have the verizon web page shown in the thread allowing you to switching back and forth between "old" and "new" verizon mail (but do have a classic setting which did not help me).   My email now seems set on the "old" with a button to try the "new" on top.  I'm guessing you still cannot type in plain text with the "new" mail?

For those who asking about who/where has the page you can switch between and who/where doesn't, I live in the Pittsburgh area and switched to FIOS Feb 28.

Not sure if there is a better resolution or not (maybe someone else does?), but this seems to be working for now.