Email resends to Outlook
HCPMAN

I've been having an issue where my Verizon email resends (from 1st email) to Outlook. It's happened with Outlook 2003, 2007, and 2010.  Email is never lost, but I end up with multiples of everything, not to mention the wasted time to delete duplicates. Any help, or suggestions would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Email resends to Outlook
vz_ric
Contributor - Level 1

The only thing I could think to do, which is really the biggest issue when it comes to using an email client, is be sure the settings in outlook is set to remove emails from the web server. For some reason, having outlook set to keep emails on the web server gets various results. Some people get the email, the copy and never have any trouble. Some will have no trouble, then end up downloading thousands of old or duplicate emails out of the blue for no reason or other odd results like the one you describe. The bottom line, if you can go to the webmail site, login, send/receive emails, your Verizon email works and is doing what it's supposed to do. I know many people are accustomed to using outlook and thats how they do email, but the benefit of using the webmail is that no matter where you go, from here to china, your computer, a friends computer, or a public computer, 24/7, if you go to myverizon.com your mail will always be the same and when trouble occurs the buck stops there. Once you throw a 3rd party program into the mix, you need to ask them why its working the way it does.

0 Likes