Re: Email
bandm1

Been having the same problem this morning using Thunderbird, but can send email from my verizon account on my kindle.

Changed settings to match kindle -- No Security.

When you change Outgoing Server (SMTP) Connection Security to 'None', it changes port in outgoing to 587.

0 Likes
Re: Windows Live Mail not sending
Bob1012

Same with me. Can receive email but can not send from either the PC or the Mobile Phone.

0 Likes
markc222

Same here.  I assume a  server error this morning.  Hopefully verizon is on it.

0 Likes
MikeNoWheels
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem with both Windows Live Mail and Thunderbird.  Is the SMTP server down?

0 Likes
hikebm

Us too in Allentown, Pa. area. We receive mail ok, but cannot send

since around 8 AM today. Still down at 11:39AM.

0 Likes
no outgoing email on 1/4/2
erikh

Falls Church, VA, Verizon FIOS customer: unable to send outgoing email since 1000 on 04jan2014. Verizon robot at 800-837-4966 claims "account unavailable due to system maintenance." Estimated restoration time 11:16 on Sunday, 05 Jan 2014.

0 Likes
arbytostarbe

Ditto on the sending problem.  Per the error message, cannot connect with sending (SMTP) server.  Problem on both iPAD and MS Outlook 10.

0 Likes
Re: Email send/receive issue Jan.4, 2014
thequixta
Enthusiast - Level 3

But that won't stop them from raising the price! They continue to sell the same broken servers for more and more money without putting any work into them? Can you imagine if they sold used cars?

0 Likes
starrin
Contributor - Level 3

"Verizon 800 # says email server "down for maintenance until sunday 1/5 11am"!!!  Really????"

Very interesting!  Yet I received a message the Verizon lady across the street sent me, when I asked her to in order to check it out; yet I am unable to send one to her.

BAH!!!

Who knows of another email provider that I can hook up to direct without going through Verizon servers - or is that impossible.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Webmail MAY be working as it doesn't need a SMTP server.

I doubt its just down for maintenance, more than likely one or more servers failed, and is being replaced.   Note SMTP Email here near Tampa FL is working.

0 Likes