Email server password reset
Friendly27

I have Verizon Email on my phone, ipad, web-based (yahoo/verizon.net) and outlook iook.com.  At one time all were working but I think I reset a password and then only a few worked.  I have tried new password on all, changed back to the old password on others and didn't touch settings on ipad but can't seem to get them all working again.  I would like to start fresh with a password reset so I can set up accounts on all devices again and try to remedy this frustrating issue.  I have most recently reset the password again to try setting up my Email on my phone only to receive  a password authentication error. I have set up before with success so I know I am setting up correctly and just a very frustrating password issue.  I am also OK with deleting my primary Email account and setting it up again within the account if I have to.  I just want this fixed so that I have my personal Email on all of my devices working properly and without frustration!

0 Likes
Re: Email server password reset
gamer99
Contributor - Level 1

try doing one computer at a time.  don't rush it.   have you checked all the settings are correct in outlook.

I know Verizon recently changed settings for their mail servers.

incoming should be   -    pop.verizon.net    port 995

outgoing should be -    smtp.verizon.net   port 465    SSL enabled.

http://www.verizon.com/Support/Residential/Internet/highspeed/email/setup+and+use/questionsone/86782...

The following are the settings for setting up and configuring your email, remote access, and FTP access for your home page address.

User name settings

• Your Verizon Online user name
  • Your Verizon Online password

High Speed Internet (DSL) settings

• Domain: dsl.verizon.net
  • Network protocol used: TCP/IP

Mail server settings

• Incoming mail server (POP3😞 pop.verizon.net
  • Incoming Server Port Numbers: 995
  • Outgoing mail server (SMTP😞 smtp.verizon.net
  • Outgoing Server Port Numbers: 465  
  • Your Verizon Online user name
  • Your Verizon Online password
  • Make sure "This server requires a secure connection (SSL)" is checked.

Remote access settings (Dial-up)

• Domain: verizon.net
  • Network protocol used: TCP/IP
    • Note: Remote Access is available only if you subscribe to dial-up roaming with your Verizon High Speed Internet service.

HTH

0 Likes
Friendly27
This has been trial and error over the last 2 months. In the past I've had to use incoming.yahoo.verizon.net for my mail settings. Is that outdated? It works for the iPad. Thanks for the reply.
0 Likes
gamer99
Contributor - Level 1

Are you on a Yahoo portal.   You can try some of these instructions.

http://help.yahoo.com//l/us/verizon/mail/ymail/basics/mail-12859445.html;_ylt=Ap1sreUJXuM6uzuU7h6C5s...

if you have verizon yahoo portal.  then the settings should be good.  can you least access e-mail via webmail.

going to   www.verizon.com -- >  click on residential --> click on my verizon --> then sign into my verizon to check your email.  

Check to see if your running any  security suite software on computers such as norton, maccafe,  make sure disable or uninstall (at your own risk)  any anti virus or any firewall software. That may be blocking the ports.  

Also,  uninstall and re-install outlook. and then check to see if outlook works.

at least you will have webmail access temporary.

HTH 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes