Email sessions timing out
oceanwve
Enthusiast - Level 2

In the past couple weeks I've started having problems with Verizon expiring my email sessions after 5-10 minutes.  I'll be in the midst of composing an email when I get a system prompt that the system time limit has expired and I must log in again.  It's maddening.  What's happening?

0 Likes
Re: Email sessions timing out
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Oceanwve,

There is a timeout security feature.  There is a 10 to 15 minute timeout rate that does not include the writing of the email.  You will have to select a option or select a new email to reset the timer.  This is not a optional feature. It is there permanently.

Thanks,

Tonya D.

0 Likes
wperdman

I am having timeout issues much worse than this.

It happens within seconds and makes email unusable in both Firefox 8.0 and IE 8.0.7

What is going on?

On IE 8 I get errors galore.  Did the launch of the HMC program totally hose up My Verizon or something?Man Mad

0 Likes
LindaMary

I have been having the same problem for a long time.  I tried to use Verizon for my business work, but it was so frustrating I changed to another email system.  Sometimes it takes 5 signi-ins to get a decent connection that will last even 30 seconds!  This is a real problem, and it happens on every internet connection I have, even when I'm home and wired into the internet.  What's going on?????

0 Likes
agrium

You are often logging me off  in th middle of a work session. You drop the E mail list and take me back to Verizon home page when I x out a web page. finally, your  are forcing me to sign in each time I log in (you are suppose to not ask for my id for two weeks. and sometimes even when I am closing out a webpage. what is happening to Verizon?  John, a long time user.

0 Likes
DangerDuck

For a month or so my Verizon Netmail has been timing out without warning, often in the middle of typing a long email which is then lost.  If I hit "save as draft" every 30 seconds I can prevent Verizon from screwing me over; it requires more vigilance than should be necessary!

0 Likes