Re: Email settings don't work with iOS devices
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Note: the apple instructions are there.

Try

https://www22.verizon.com/ForYourHome/VZRepair/vziha/Service.aspx?ihaweb=EmailSetup

I see entry on that page for iphone/ipod as well as an entry for ipad

0 Likes
Re: Email settings
prperson

WHERE ON THIS WEBSITE ARE THE ACTUAL INSTRUCTONS FOR WHAT SHOULD BE CHANGED?

0 Likes
annmarie5

What are the special instructions and where do I find them? I am having troubling with outgoing mail. There is only one spot in preferences for the port number that i can find.

0 Likes
Friendly
Contributor - Level 2

"Note: the apple instructions are there.

Try

https://www22.verizon.com/ForYourHome/VZRepair/vziha/Service.aspx?ihaweb=EmailSetup

I see entry on that page for iphone/ipod as well as an entry for ipad"

The options give on this link do not include Outlook 2003 or Outlook 2002 what do we do that have Outlook 2003?

I have to wonder if that is a part of the error message 0x800ccc7d, because there are no options for Outlook 2003 or 2002. What does some one do with those Outlooks?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

They actually used to list outlook 2003 (but remember its no longer supported by Microsoft).  Not significantly different from the other Outlook versions. 

Weren't you having problems because of old certificates?   I think you need to just update them yourself as Microsoft is not sending out any more fixes to Outlook 2003

0 Likes
hlockwood1

I'd like to add to what skarka said.

I purchased Office for Mac so that I could use Outlook which apparently was to be supported.  It worked for a while, then it didn't; I couldn't send or receive mail.  The typical error message was "Too Many Files Open", or if I restated my machine, the error message became something like "Cannot find the server" or "Server may be overloaded, try again later."  These error messages had nothing to do with the problem.

So, I switched over to the new settings recommended (actually, demanded by Verizon), and wonder of wonders I was back in business - for a couple of weeks when, again, I could not send or receive mail.  So I switched back to the old settings, and again, I could send and receive.

This cycle has repeated 4 or 5 times, including this morning.  And I keep getting messages like the latest one:

"This is our third attempt to contact you as we noticed that you still have not updated your Email Server settings. We urge you to make changes to all your devices now as Verizon is beginning to implement changes that may cause interruption to your service if you neglect to make the required modifications."

It appears to me, from looking at instructions in the Verizon Wizard and other such output from Verizon, and from many posts on this forum, that the Mac is getting short changed in favor of Windows.

When Verizon announced that the changes would support Outlook, it didn't say, "but not Outlook on the Mac."  They have an obligation to advance to the 21st century where the Mac OS is widely used by many of their customers.  I paid about $130 to rent Office (with Outlook) for year.  I believe I am entitled to a definitive statement from Verizon explaining and justifying their position.

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
hlockwood1

Those instructions do not include the latest version, Outlook 2011 for the Mac.  

{edited for privacy}

Edit:  I should have mentioned that this is a reply to the suggestion by "Friendly"

0 Likes
ljaszczak
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did everything in the referenced instructions step by step and I am STILL being told that it can't log in and being asked if my user name and password are correct. They ARE correct. I've retyped them probably a hundred times AND cut and pasted them. They are the EXACT same user name and password I use to get into the account on the web. Is there any possibility that they are not allowing us to use older versions of the Apple system software. I have 10.7.5 (Mail version 5.3) and my computer will not let me update it any further. It has now been almost two weeks since I've been able to get mail on my computer and I'm about ready to tear out my hair in frustration, especially considering that they just raised the price for my internet access in the past month or two.

0 Likes