Email sign in.
Myla1
Enthusiast - Level 2

For the past few days, I've been unable to stay signed into my email. I must go through the entire log in procedure EVERY TIME. Anyone else with this problem?

0 Likes
Re: Email sign in.
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

Yes, and I put this in the email forum and Lawernce moved it to General Residential for more exposure, but no one has answered it yet so I sent a private message to an administrator on the forum who has helped before.

Below is what meessage I sent:

Sign In for 2 Weeks Not Workt

Today my sign in for 2 weeks is not working, This happened after I deleted history on both my IE11 browser and my Microsoft Edge browser. I deleted history before doing a  Norton full system scan, which I do once a week. So I usually have to sign in after one week as I delete history before each full system scan. I do like staying signed in for at least one week.

I'm wondering if the recent change to the My Verizon page has anything to do with the the stay signed in not working, and if more people will be affected when their 2 weeks of stayimg in expires. 

PS:  I do like the change to the My Verizon page with the checking your internet speed and information about your wi fi password etc.

Holly

TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hi Myla:

Here is what I do when I first start up for the day

Log in from my Identity Safe which part of Norton 360 and where all my key logins are stored

https://mail.verizon.com/webmail/driver?nimlet=showmessages&view=emails#mail_Emails_INBOX

Using my default  Chrome Browser

Minimize the screen when not in use

When I want to check on email later

RELOAD this page works for me

0 Likes
Myla1
Enthusiast - Level 2

This seems to be an ongoing problem that rears it's ugly head a few times a year. I wish it would be fixed once and for all.

Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

I believe I haven't had this problem before, and if I did but can't recall not often. Perhaps when this problem existed before my 2 weeks was not up and it will only happen after your 2 weeks are up. The problem could have been fixed before my 2 weeks were up. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

Holly

0 Likes
Myla1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I discovered that if I sign into the forums, I stay signed in all day on my email. Not the perfect solution but I only have to do it the first time that I sign in.

0 Likes
Re: Unable to Stay Logged On To Verizon
Rc9111

Even after logging in and checking "Keep Me Logged On", I am still having to re-log on each time I simply want to check my email.  This problem happened once before a couple of years ago and I thought that it was a problem with my computer or perhaps a virus.  After a lot of calls to verizon customer service with a general reaction to my complaint that it must be a user error, I finally talked to a supervisor who said the problem was with a verizon update that was causing the problem and they were trying to get it fixed.  After a few days, the "Keep Me Logged On" feature (box when checked) started working again and I didn't have to log in 10 times a day just to check emails. Although not troublesome, i sometimes have to log back in if I haven't accessed my email account for a few days.  I would call verizon to complain, but I'm sure they are recieving many complaints and this glitch will be repaired soon. 

0 Likes
Re: Unable to Stay Logged On To Verizon
Myla1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I remember when that happened Rc9111 and it seems to be a problem again. It seems that there are glitches in Verizon email quite often.

0 Likes
bejay53
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same here. My wife has been complaining about for a few days. Now I've got it.

Come on verizon...fix it please!

0 Likes
Mitzi3
Enthusiast - Level 2

As of 12:00 p.m today (6/16/16) my "stay signed in" is no longer working.  Worked fine this morning, and I didn't do a single thing to mess it up.  Come on Verizon.  When are you going to fix this permanently?  Please don't tell me not using " @verizon.net" for my email will solve the problem.  I haven't a clue how to change to something else.  Does anyone know how to fix this?

0 Likes