Re: Email sign in.
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

My sister's computer says Sign In after her 2 weeks staying signed in was  over. However, now she can click on Sign In with her User ID blank and password blank, and she gets signed in. That's real security for you. That doesn't happen to my computer using IE11 and Microsoft Edge browsers.  

She's using Google Chrome.

I did notice the My Verizon page has been changed again since last week as far as getting your Wi Fi password. Oh brother, why don't they start working on the  basics and stop changing other stuff that can be gotten by the way of the TV. Every time they make a change they stop something else from working. I'm getting fed up!!!!!!!!!

Holly

Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

My Microsoft Edge browser is now doing the same thing as my sister's Google Chrome browser. See the above message from me. However, on the same computer the IE11 browser is not signing in with no information (ID, password).

Holly

PS They must be working on it and have really messed up. I tried signing out on the IE11 browser, and when you do sign out you get a page about Verizon residential, business and wireless. 

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello Holly1

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Keep me signed in not working--and annoyed!
ScarletDove
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yesterday 6/21/16 my verizon.net started not allowing me to remain "signed in" even when I requested "keep me signed in".  This has worked beautifully for a long time--every several months it would require me to re-sign in but now if I close my mail or shut down the computer, I have to go through the sign in process even  when "keep me signed in" is checked.  Why this problem--it is an inconvenience I don't like!

0 Likes
Re: Email session times out after just a few minutes.
damifino

Can Verizon do anything more to annoy their customer base.  Once again, the wonderful techs are unable to solve the problem of allowing a customer to remain signed in for an extended period.  Maybe an employee gets a commision everytime a custmer logs into their email. Smiley Mad

0 Likes
Re: Email session times out after just a few minutes.
Myla1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was thinking the same thing damifino. It's a reoccuring problem and a pain. Maybe they should hire a few 15 year old kids to fix the problem.

0 Likes
pised
Enthusiast - Level 2

It started with me about a week ago or so. The page times out after bout 20 min. and then I have to sign in again.

This is a pain in the **bleep**.

0 Likes
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

I've been told this problem won't be solved until the week after July 4th. I'll believe it when I see it.

Holly

0 Likes
Myla1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I guess all Verizon employees are on vacation and the one tech that they have won't be back till after the 4th. For all of the $$$ we pay, service should be better and problems should be worked on immediately.

0 Likes
AMTHE1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been having the problem for at least 2-3 weeks. I use Norton Security. At least once a week I delete all of my temporary internet files and do a full system scan, but that shouldn't keep Verizon email from keeping me signed in. This happened last year and took a while to fix and then miraculously the problem didn't happen. So, not sure why it's resurfaced. Since Verizon is supposed to be number one, I'm still surprised at the poor quality of its email webpage performance and the way it's set up to begin with. As much as I hate Yahoo, which I have through ATT, there are some pluses for that program.

Bottom Line: PLEASE FIX THE D**N PROGRAM SO IT KEEPS ME LOGGED IN. NOT ROCKET SCIENCE.

0 Likes