Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Email spam filter

nydee
Contributor
Contributor

Email spam filter

Message 1 of 4
(1,897 Views)

When you set the spam filters does it only apply to the inbox emails and not the junk mail?  I set the filter to trash a spam email I keep getting in the junk mail file but its not working. 

3 REPLIES 3
TomH309
Gold Contributor V Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V

Re: Email spam filter

Message 2 of 4
(1,873 Views)

How does the AOL Spam Filter work?

By marking messages as Spam or Not Spam you are customizing your personal Spam filter to learn what is spam and what is not.

AOL spam controls filter email for possible spam, even before the mail reaches your Inbox or Spam Folder. This system is largely reputation-based, so senders with good reputation will have their email delivered (at which point, your personal filters will perform the extra filtering). Emails from senders with bad reputation are blocked. If our Global Filters decide to block an email, we return the message to the sender with a mailer-daemon error explaining why the email was returned.

ABOVE CAME FROM HERE:

https://help.aol.com/articles/aol-mail-spam-and-privacy

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to let all of us know and click the "Accept as Solution" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

Tom
Router G3100,Mini IPC 4100,YAMAHA ATS 1080,VMS 4100, iPad2 WiFi ,,iPhone SE
nydee
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(1,863 Views)

I don't have AOL, I have Verizon Yahoo.  I set the filters to trash any email that contains a specific word.  Its not working and I want to know if its because the email was already in the junk folder when I received it.

TomH309
Gold Contributor V Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V

Message 4 of 4
(1,795 Views)

Have never used Yahoo Verizon email.

Hope this link leads to your answer.

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/verizon/mail-for-desktop

Tom
Router G3100,Mini IPC 4100,YAMAHA ATS 1080,VMS 4100, iPad2 WiFi ,,iPhone SE
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title