Email sub-account locked out due to too many log in attempts.
VAFrank

Hi All,

If someone has had this issue can you share how to get around this?  When I try to log into my sub-account it sends me an access code.  But the code brings me to my primary email account, not the sub-account.  Thanks in advance for any help on this!

VAFrank

0 Likes
Re: Email sub-account locked out due to too many log in attempts.
Fechter99

Did yu ever get a solution on this as I am having the same problem

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Go here:
https://www.verizon.net/ssowebapp/alternateAuth/altChoice.jsp

That should allow you to reset the sub account by answering the Secret Question. Select password for what you forgot, put in the username of the sub account you want to reset, then answer the sub account's secret question correctly.

Keep in mind that NONE of the "forgot password" links on Verizon sites point to this page. There is no way to get to this particular flow other than going directly to https://www.verizon.net/ssowebapp/alternateAuth/altChoice.jsp

0 Likes
CDR60

Please note that this link often does not work -- in fact, it will not work if you've locked yourself out of the sub-account from too manyt attempts so it's useless!!!!  Totally Useless!!!

Why?  Because the "Secret Question" is turned to "NULL" and thus the correct answer WILL NOT WORK!  So you have no choice but to wait on hold for three hours and speak to somebody that you can't understand for something that you should be able to do easily on your own!   Funny thing is, you wait on hold and then they ask you for the secret question answer anyway!

The entire Verizon user web experience is full of this sort of crap.   This is my third, THIRD user name in the Forums because there are many times when the forums won't let you log in and instead want me to make a new user name!

Can't wait for the discount period to be over so I can go  back to COMCAST! I never thought that I'd ever say that!   This is my first time with FiOS and I'm tired of being on-hold for hours to fix this issue.  There is NO EXCUSE FOR IT  I never had this issue with Sub-Accounts on COMCAST and their user web experience is so much better.

0 Likes
CDR60

Oh, and you CAN get to this link from the "My Verizon" section where you go to reset the password.  I found it without any real digging.

But, THE SECRET QUESTION IS STILL SET TO  "NULL" SO IT'S USELESS TO RESET THE PASSWORD FOR A LOCKED OUT SUB-ACCOUNT!  

Still locked out!   Why can't you try again after a time-out period of say 30 minutes?!?   I've been on hold for a hour now -- and nobody is responding to live help!

SOOOO Back to COMCAST in a year!   Man, I never thought I'd ever say or write that!

0 Likes
CDR60

Been on hold for over two hours on three different calls -- I guess Verizon tech support is off the holiday?   Must be nice!  

Meanwhile, can't get to email on sub account!   This is a sad joke!!   You mean that I will be locked out of this email until they decide to take calls again?  There is NO reason why I should not be able to correct this from the web without having to speak to anybody!  Totally unaccepable.   I had better control over sub-accounts with Comcast.

Oh, well.  I thought Verizon had their act together better than Comcast with customer service and web tools but evidentally I was wrong.   With Comcast it was simple -- I paid their bills but never lost service and could fix anything myself.   With Verizon, I pay pretty much the same amount for same service but at least I could fix issues suich as this -- I rarely had to call Comcast for tech support -- I've had to call Verizon THREE TIMES to fix this same issue in six months from hiccups with password programs -- I shouldn't see "NULL" for the secret question -- nor should I see the main account when I get locked out of the sub-account and go through the process to get the text code on the phone and whatnot, then get sent to the password settings for the main account -- that is sloppy!  Worse, while I see "NULL" for my secret question -- the voice agents can see the question because they ask me for the secret answer!  Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy!

Worse, Verizon has no explanation for this unacceptable nonsense and has to know about it because I've brought it up with agents.  That tells me Verizon simply doesn't care or is satisfied with how things are.   I can get just as lousy customer service from Comcast but, as I said, at least I could fix issues such as this with clear instructions on the Comcast customer page -- no "hidden" or "special" links like what was mentioned earlier in this thread, which don't work anyway now if they did at one time!   I was with Comcast for 10 years, never, ever had a situation where I couldn't unlock an account.   

So, counting the days until my contract is over!   A year and a half, sadly.

0 Likes