Email sync
Houlihan

I use 3 devices. I would like to sync so that when I read on one they all show as read, and when I delete on one it affects all. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Email sync
Mike_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hello Houlihan,
If you use the Verizon Web Mail program any change in status would be the same to to any device accessing it.  If you are downloading mail with a 3rd party program then it will be based on the programs and devices you are using.  You will need to check for settings in the manuals based on the type of equipment and software you are using.

Thank you

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

The functionality you are looking for will only be possible when/if Verizon implements an IMAP protocol. Since they've already said this is not likely, you'd probably be better off finding another (free) Email provider that does offer IMAP, such as Gmail.

0 Likes
Dave1282

Do you have your own domain?  Or are you trying to do this with a free account?  I run a small business and have sync my iPad, iPhone, and computer with my business email account.  I use http://www.keriomailhosting.com for my business email hosting, and they've always been reliable for me.

If you don't want to use your own domain, I think the IMAP route would work, but it would only sync email, by going with the email hosting route I mentioned above, it syncs my contacts, calendars and tasks across all my devices.

0 Likes