Re: Email through outlook not working
KVogel2
Enthusiast - Level 1

An update.  The problem with the sub-accounts was me (LOL).  Although I looked two times, I didn't see my typo until the third look.  I agree with a previous poster, why in the world didn't Verizon Yahoo tell us we'd need to make this change?

0 Likes
arclight1

I did the same and added @verizon.net to my user name and it is working again!!

Thanks for the suggestion Mark!!!

0 Likes
digi-challenged
Enthusiast - Level 1
Hi Mark, Just curious, what thought process did you go through that you decided to change the username? I hadn't even thought of attempting that. I just assumed I screwed something up on my phone because the website was working fine. By the way, your solution worked great for me. I've been without Verizon Yahoo for 2 days until I saw your solution. Thanks.
0 Likes
markperez
Contributor - Level 1

glad it seems to be working for most. Digi it took me awhile to figure it out. I tried everything up to that point the just really looked at the error message (username or password is incorrect) and realized that I always have to enter the @verizon.net when signing into the yahoo web page that maybe I need to do that in this case, even though I never had to do that before. Sinve I tried everything else why not this.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Yahoo email will not work in Outlook or on Smart Phone
dlamb214

THANK YOU SO MUCH for your post. I have been fighting with my email for 2 days. Use the @verizon.net to the settings and bam, it's fixed. Thanks

0 Likes
gunslinger40

Great solution BUT on my Galaxy S4 the user name is 'grayed' out and unable to change and add @verizon.net.  Plus everything works find on my tablet just not on phones

0 Likes
Windows LiveMail Verizon Yahoo Stopped Working
brianrp2

My windows live wasn't receiving emails for the last two days (all of a sudden).  I just added @verizon.net to my email user name under the servers tab, and all my emails instantly loaded into my windows live mail inbox.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yahoo for Verizon users also had changes but they are different. 

See http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/verizon/mail/ymail/basics/mail-12859445.html

And yes there appears to be a new problem with this interface.

Incoming mail server settings

• POP server: incoming.yahoo.verizon.net
  • Use SSL
  • Port: 995
  • Use the setting to leave mail on the server if you also want to access Verizon Yahoo Mail messages in a browser.

Outgoing mail server (SMTP) settings

• SMTP server: outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net
  • Use SSL
  • Port: 465
  • Use authentication
  • Account Name/Login Name: Your Verizon Yahoo Mail ID (your email address without the "@verizon.net" domain, for example, "jo.bloggs")
  • Email Address: Your Verizon Yahoo Mail address (for example, "jo.bloggs@verizon.net")
  • Password: Your Verizon Yahoo Mail password
0 Likes
restamm

Worked for my smart phone. will try on pc when home. Thanks!!!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Please see the announcement concerning changes to the Yahoo Portal here:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/YAHOO-PORTAL-CHANGE/m-p/752929

0 Likes