Re: Email through outlook not working
jhen77

@markperez wrote:

I @added the @verizon.net to logon information user name in my account setting of outlook. That seemed to help with the error of wrong user name/password.

Smiley Happy

Thank You. Worked the second I did this.

Wish I could have known this earlier and saved myself hours of changing passwords and looking at the registry and all kinds of nonsense that led nowhere. Thank you so much for this. I really wish Verizon/Yahoo Mail would let us know when they are going to suddenly change things up on us.

0 Likes
dhahne

Made the change to user name but I think all the accounts are locked from repeated attempts to log in. Do they reset automatically after 24 hours or do I need to call verizon?  Interestingly enough I have had no problems receiving/sending email with my iphone. 

0 Likes
Dallas22
Enthusiast - Level 2

My verizon email stopped working in outlook. 2010. I had not made any changes. After reading the forum I updated my username to include @verizon.net

I checked the settings  and they matched the recommended settings.

It is still not working and the password dialogue box keeps popping up

Any other ideas. The verizon agent was useless. She told me it was a problem with outlook]

All suggestions would be appreciated

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus
0 Likes
Re: Email through outlook not working Norton impacted it somehow
PekingDuck

Starting yesterday could not send or receive verizon email getting the message could not find Pop3 server.  Tried everything reloading settings, resetting network etc etc.  Turns out it was a Norton update that killed off my verizon email.  As soon as I turned off Norton (based on a helpful Verizon Tech's suggestion) everything started working

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Dallas22 wrote:

@my verizon email stopped working in outlook. 2010. I had not made any changes. After reading the forum I updated my username to include @verizon.net

I checked the settings  and they matched the recommended settings.

It is still not working and the password dialogue box keeps popping up

Any other ideas. The verizon agent was useless. She told me it was a problem with outlook]

All suggestions would be appreciated

@IF you are using the Yahoo/Verizon email interface then you need the @verizon.net.  Otherwise do not add it to the signon.

IF not using Yahoo/verizon

outgoing is smtp.verizon.net port 465 SSL plain text password

incoming is pop.verizon.net port 995 SSL plain text password

If using yahoo the server names are different

outgoing is outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net port 465 SSL plain text password

incoming is incoming.yahoo.verizon.net port 995 SSL plain text password

0 Likes
IndieJohn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello: I looked at the solution to this problem, and I already have the @verizon.net added to my user name plus the server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) checked. The server names and ports are correct. Email just stopped working out of the blue. Help! Thanks!

drp31
Enthusiast - Level 1

For some reason I keep getting a message my incoming mail to windows outlook is not working and it will not accept my verizon user id and password any longer which i have had for years. I remember a few years back they changed the pop3 & smtp & verizon helped me change that since i don;t know much about computers. Now i have no one to help since verizon stopped handling emails & I still want to use windows outlook i hate aol. if someone can help i would really appreciate it.   thank you.

0 Likes