Email to Verizon email addresses being blocked
lewleibowitz

I have tried every other channel I could think of but to no avail. I have seen other posts similar to mine in this forum so I'm hoping someone can help.

I am trying to send email to my customers and outbound mail from one of our mail servers to our Verizon.net customers is being rejected.

When we try to send a message we get the following message back:

smtp;571 Email from XX.XX.XXX.XXX is currently blocked by Verizon Online's anti-spam system. The email sender or Email Service Provider may visit http://www.verizon.net/whitelist and request removal of the block.

We have gone to the URL listed on the message and submitted the request to be whitelisted. When we do so we get the following email back:

After investigation, Verizon Online Security has determined that e-mail from your IP address will not be allowed access to the Verizon Online e-mail domain due to one or more of the following reasons:

Your IP has been blocked because of spam issues or because your ISP indicates that it is dynamically assigned

No Reverse Hostname associated with your IP address.

Once you have addressed any security-related issues on your network, you should contact Verizon Online Security via this form. At that time, we will work with you to restore normal e-mail traffic or to take other action as we deem appropriate.

We are not spammers, our IP is not dynamic and our reverse DNS is correctly set up so we're not sure how to proceed with this.

Does anyone know how we can engage someone to help us get this block lifted?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Email to Verizon email addresses being blocked
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Email to My Verizon Customers Are Blocked
lewleibowitz

I had worked with a couple of agents and had the block lifted, which I really appreciate.

On Saturday evening (5/9/15), I was able to send messages ok initially but near the end got blocked. The issue the agent had pointed out was that I was not responding to messages from Verizon to throttle down my sending rate. I did not see any such messages. At first, Verizon was still accepting connections from my server but was blocked near the end of the run. Early Monday morning we were blocked although Verizon was still accepting connections. Tuesday, everything went through fine. Early today, Wednesday morning, Verizon stopped accepting connections and we are blocked again.

Is it possible that it's not a throttling issue?

I don't know how to reopen the previous case so I am including the inital posting here below. How should I proceed?

Thanks,

Lew

Orig posting:

I have tried every other channel I could think of but to no avail. I have seen other posts similar to mine in this forum so I'm hoping someone can help.

I am trying to send email to my customers and outbound mail from one of our mail servers to our Verizon.net customers is being rejected.

When we try to send a message we get the following message back:

smtp;571 Email from XX.XX.XXX.XXX is currently blocked by Verizon Online's anti-spam system. The email sender or Email Service Provider may visit http://www.verizon.net/whitelist and request removal of the block.

We have gone to the URL listed on the message and submitted the request to be whitelisted. When we do so we get the following email back:

After investigation, Verizon Online Security has determined that e-mail from your IP address will not be allowed access to the Verizon Online e-mail domain due to one or more of the following reasons:

Your IP has been blocked because of spam issues or because your ISP indicates that it is dynamically assigned

No Reverse Hostname associated with your IP address.

Once you have addressed any security-related issues on your network, you should contact Verizon Online Security via this form. At that time, we will work with you to restore normal e-mail traffic or to take other action as we deem appropriate.

We are not spammers, our IP is not dynamic and our reverse DNS is correctly set up so we're not sure how to proceed with this.

Does anyone know how we can engage someone to help us get this block lifted?

Thanks.

0 Likes
lewleibowitz

I'm a little confused. Do I reply to this post or to the one in my queue that is active?

Thanks,
Lew

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi lewleibowitz,

We have reopened your private support case.  Please continue to keep correspondence concerning your issue in the private area.

0 Likes
sfd5003

I am having the same issue.  Issues from my domain (bscwc.org) are being blocked by all verizon accounts.  If you could connect me with an agent to resolve this, that would be great.  

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi sfd5003,

In 2017, Verizon transferred their email service to AOL and Yahoo. You will need to contact those providers for support going forward.

https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/email

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes