Re: Email to Verizon.net customers delayed
DRutledge
Enthusiast - Level 1

There is definitely an issue on Verizon's end. I am the CEO of a high-traffic website that sends around 10 million transactional emails a month. The last two days, particularly around mid-day, our mail server queue fills up with Verizon emails, which will not deliver until the mail server attempts multiple times. We are not seeing it with other email providers.

We also send some of our emails using SendGrid, one of the largest email service providers. Our support representative at SendGrid also confirmed that they were seeing delays in Verizon email delivery.

Yesterday, the problem eased up by early afternoon, thankfully. It has started again this morning and we're hoping it is also temporary. Perhaps there is an overload of holiday email. We appreciate verizon customers that contact the company on this issue, so that they are hearing from multiple users about the problem.

TiggerTina
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same here DRutledge!  Thanks for contributing to the post.  Hoping some insight can be gained into what the issue might be as I am tired of seeing my mail queue so clogged.    I understand when Verizon says that email is not "instant" and we all understand this because of greylisting... but over an hour for an email message is not normal.  Especially for hundreds of emails in my queue trying to reach different verizon customers.

0 Likes
rfrstormer
Enthusiast - Level 1

I will be calling them up as well, I noticed that they started having more issues after adding some new spam filtering.  Like you here on the thread, I have experienced slow email, returns when I send from work email to my verizon account, and sometimes I cannot login to the site to retrieve my email.

This has been going on for the past 3 weeks for me, And today it has been particulary slow with more returns from work email that I have sent to myself.

Yes, I know email is not instant, however when I can send email to my gmail accont and see it in a few moments, but have to wait sometimes hours for my verizon account (if it is not bouned) then there is something wrong on verizons side.

nycsjd

Let me add my voice to the group.

I have been seeing these delays for the past few weeks.  I have a domain with email and I have it set to auto-forward to my vz account.  The domain email arrives when it should.  The auto-forwarded message to vz takes a few minutes to hours to arrive.  Even messages that are just sent to vz can take hours.

Extremely annoying to say the least.

0 Likes
Druid1066
I've been seeing delays with email delivery on my verizon.net accounts of 1 to 12 hours during the past week. This is getting to be problematic since email shouldn't take that long to be delivered. I've had clients and vendors email to reschedule appointments with me and I don't get their emails until after the appointment they were trying to reschedule! It's definitely Verizon's problem, let's hope they fix it!
0 Likes
TZ2015
I've been having problems with emails being delayed from 1 to 12 hours. Just got off the phone with support...there is a know problem with Hotmail, Outlook.com and a few others causing delays...after analyzing the headers of a few of my delayed emails I was told the delay is not on a Verizon server but on Oracle.....I was told it wasn't a Verizon problem..nothing they could do....doesn't Verizon have an alliance with Oracle? Not sure where to go with this.....
0 Likes
VaBuckeye

Let me add my two cents onto this topic. My email has been delayed the last few days by up to 12 hours. I get emails out of order. Message 1 in a thread, followed by message 4, then 2 and 3 arrive hours later. You can use the Google App Tool to check out the header to see where the problem is (https://toolbox.googleapps.com/apps/messageheader/). In my case, I've found that emails going from "mout.perfora.net" to "vms172075.mailsrvcs.net" are the problem. I don't know for sure if that points to a Verizon problem, but I think it does. It would be nice if a Verizon rep would join this forum topic.

0 Likes
mikearm2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I use pobox.com to forward emails to my verizon account and am also expereincing 2-20+ hour delays.

mikearm2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Pobox.com has contacted verizion and Verizion has responded that they have acknowledged that there is an issue on their end. They're looking into the issue and will let us know when the problem is resolved.

frustratedinCA1

GOOGLE

0 Likes