Re: Email to Verizon.net customers delayed
susanpl13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Forgot to add that latency occurs with emails sent to me from various senders on various email systems. Also, Verizon told me to send headers from delayed emails to {edited for privacy} and to note my case number. I've been doing so for 2 weeks. Apparently this hasn't helped.

0 Likes
SusanV2

I have been having the same problem for a couple of weeks, but it's very specific for hotmail to my Verizon email.  I exchange frequent e-mails within a small group. One sender is on hotmail and I am the only one on Verizon. Most of the rest of the group are on gmail accounts.  Over the past couple of weeks, when the hotmail user orignates an e-mail, I see replies from others in the group almost instantly, and then the hotmail arrives 2-8 hours later.  So my conclusion is that it's specific for messages from hotmail to Verizon for me.  It's happened with one other hotmail sent to me in the past week as well.  I get all gmail and other server messages just fine, including ones I send from my work e-mail to my Verizon address.

0 Likes
hase
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just experienced a 2 hr delay.  This evening I Skyped with a friend and he said he had just sent a reply to an email I had sent much earlier.  His first attempt at sending was at 20:01.  It didn't show up so he tried again.  This one didn't arrive so he sent a email with no body.  It arrived almost instantly.  He tried to sent the original reply again and it didn't show up.  25 minutes after the first attempt the *last* one shows up.  We closed the Skype session at about 9:00PM.  At 21:57 the first two show up.  They were sent at 20:01 and 20:09.

About a year ago I ran into a similar situation, but the delay was only 45 minutes, and the to<->from was reversed, i.e. I was sending and the other person didn't get it.

I think for us low volume users that most of the time we really don't know that email has been delayed.  When you are talking to someone directly and send an email it becomes evident. My guess has been that it is the third party VZ contracts with for spam filtering that causes the delay, so VZ then claims VZ didn't cause the delay..

I got a VZ flier with a special deal yesterday and I was about to sign up for the holiday special offer this very afternoon, but didn't get around to it.  I now have second thoughts about hanging in there with VZ for another couple of years.

0 Likes
DKokes

I am having the SAME issue & it seems to be specific to email sent from hotmail accounts.  Sometimes I get them a few hours later, some I've rec'd a two weeks later.  So frustrating... I haven't had time to call Verizon but will tomorrow!  They really need to look into this or I'm switching to gmail.  

0 Likes
Pyroman1

OK, another victim. Emails from various sources randomly taking up to 6 hours to arrive. No pattern as to size, attachments, etc. I'm working on a project due Friday, and exchanging document content with others. Was just about to send a rather brusque query to someone asking "where's your stuff" when it arrived, having been sent to me almost 6 hours before I got it. This would have possibly put a serious strain on a business relationship.

VERIZON, THIS IS INTOLERABLE!!! If I can't depend on reliable service, it's time to terminate my service and go elsewhere. What with 4G cell connectivity expanding, who needs a telco anymore? (BTW, I do NOT have Verizon mobile.)

0 Likes
susanpl13
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm now talking to a Verizon phone tech, and he said our latency issue ("delayed inbound email delivery to verizon.net") is now an acknowledged network problem. No info on why or when the problem will be fixed. The tech received an internal email about this on Tuesday.

YankeeDoodle1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I guess the good news is that a Verizon Tech acknowledged that there is a network problem and an internal memo was received.  Wonder if anyone else has received an acknowledgement from Verizon now that there is a problem.  I did not receive my usual blast of delayed emails last night which leads me to believe they are still help up somewhere.  Also someone sent me an email using their hotmail account last night at 9:25PM EST.  As of 7:40AM EST I still have not received.  This person sends me an email daily with work I have given her and it is taking 12 to 14 hours to get to me.

0 Likes
Email deliverability issues
Aimee99

For atleast the last 2 weeks I have noticed that there has been a delay in receiving email to my verizon email addresses.  I have 3 seperate email addresses.  I experience the delay on my desktop (windows), my notebook (Windows), my iPhone, and my iPad.  The delay also exists in webmail. 

The delay does not exist from 1 specific sender, but multiple.  Email is does not appear to be going to my spam folder. It is not just business, but also multiple individuals.  I can send an email from my work email address and not recieve it until the next day. 

The email delay appears to be resolved over night every night, but I do not receive some emails for 12 hours after they are originally sent.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Aimee

0 Likes
Re: Email deliverability issues
SoniaKutzCo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sadly you are not the only one.  I have been having email issues for around 2 weeks as well.  The emails are significantly delayed, if received at all.  I'm beyond frustrated with this and there doesn't seem to be any solution on the way.

0 Likes
Re: Email deliverability issues
Heg155

This has been happening for over a week to us.

I have performed a number of test to the in MX records for verizon.net and it appears were able to connect to a number of their severs and not to others. The failed connections are not due to blocking of i.p address but it appears verizon may be experiencing a technical issue or performing maintenance. Depending on which tower your message was routed to and attempting the delivery the message may go into retry.

Some messages are taking upwards of 12 hours to get to some verizon accounts.

0 Likes