Re: Email to Verizon.net customers delayed
YankeeDoodle1
Enthusiast - Level 3

It appears the problems may be resolved with delayed emails.  For the past week emails sent to my verizon.net email from a hotmail account took over 12 hours for me to receive.  Last night the hotmail account sent and email at 9:33 PM and it was received and accepted by Verizon at 9:33PM.  It would be nice to know if Verizon would advise what caused the problem, how it was resolved and what has been done to ensure this problem does not happen again.

0 Likes
daveopie
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had been averaging maybe 50 delayed messages per day from my organization, but in the past 24 hours my email logs show no dropped connections.  It must be fixed.

0 Likes
KJ1111
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just spoke with a VZ rep and showed him these posts.  He checked with their Tech department who admitted there was a Group Ticket {edited for privacy}issued and now it's resolved.  Good luck getting a $credit, they claim VZ is a free service so if there is no email available, tough.

TiggerTina
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am seeing some issues again this morning.  It was actually going well for a few days there.

0 Likes
YankeeDoodle1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Agreed - just had one email delayed 2 hours..Hopefully we are not about to begin another saga.  Hopefully Verizon is monitoring this forum.  If more delays show up  I will post.

0 Likes
mmeisler
Enthusiast - Level 3

I can't speak for delayed email but I know I have hardly received any at all today and none for the past 2 hours which is unusual.

0 Likes
ThomasP2

Hotmail email to Verizon email was working ok for a couple of days, except for one fordelay of four hours on 12/7. Then we started getting delays of around two hours again. Seems that things have not been completely repaired.

By the way, just want to mention that NO errors or messages are ever indicated. Everything seems to be working, no rejections, etc. It is just that the email is held up someplace, and eventually shows up.

This a continuing frustration. It is impossible to be very responsive.

0 Likes
susanpl13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Last week a Verizon customer service rep (begrudgingly) posted a $20 credit to my account. Likely b/c he could see how many times I'd called, that I'd been promised resolution and callbacks that never materialized, etc (this was before Verizon acknowledged that latency was a network-wide problem). He said that if I need 100% reliable email, I should upgrade to a ($$) business account.

0 Likes
skohly1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Problem seems to be returning. Getting some delayed emails today, up to 3 hours delayed

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Three hour delays were considered acceptable when I ran an Email server.  Of course communication lines used to be slow.

0 Likes