Email view changed - No more Preview Pane
sawdust4
Enthusiast - Level 3

Today when I logged in to check email, I was not able to see all of them.  I have always used the preview pane option so my emails are listed above the message below.  I went into the settings and it continued to have the option of preview pane checked.  It appears like the email list is the only part that's showing but I cannot scroll all the way to the end to see emails and I cannot see the preview pane at all.  I changed the view setting to list view and that works fine.  When changing back to preview pane view, I continue to have the same problem. 

Anyone know how to fix this?  Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Email view changed - No more Preview Pane
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Are you checking your email on the Verizon website, or do you use a program on your copmuter (Outlook, mac mail, etc)?

0 Likes
sawdust4
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm using the Verizon.com/webmail site. 

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am not able to pull up the site at all using that link. Please go to the main page of your email. Once there, copy and paste the exact URL at the top of the screen.

0 Likes
sawdust4
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry, I didn't copy the entire site address.  I first go here to sign in:

http://webmail.verizon.net/signin/

Once signed in, the URL is (this is in list mode):

The URL in preview mode is:

Hope this helps.

I realized once I posted this with the actual URL when I was signed in allowed anyone access into my email.  If I was logged into Verizon webmail, anyone could pull up the link and see my email.  I removed the two links showing when I was signed in.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

It allowed you to sign in because to have a cookie that was saved on your computer. Yes, using your computer clicking on the link will log in automatically. If anyone else outside of your computer had clicked on it, since they do not have the saved cookie on their computer, they would be brought to the sign in page.

For your issue, I went through the link you provided and verified the preview pane is working. If you have it selected to be turned on and its not working, there's something there preventing it. Please delete your temporary internet files and cookies. To see if its related to the browser, please try using another browser than the one you are using (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, ETC).

0 Likes
sawdust4
Enthusiast - Level 3

I went ahead and cleared everything out of my browser.  I restarted the PC and tried again and got the same results.  I use Firefox but then tried it in IE with the same results.  I have no idea what this is but certainly is a PIA.  I recently got the iPhone 4s and synched that with iTunes.  That's the only new thing I've done with the PC so I don't understand what has caused it unless it's related to the iPhone.  Is there anything else I can try?

0 Likes
sawdust4
Enthusiast - Level 3

I logged into my email account from five different computers, three here at home and two at work.  The preview pane does not work properly with either one of them.  I cannot imagine it being a computer problem that's happening with every computer but most likely an issue on Verizon's end.  Or perhaps a setting within my email account that I'm not aware of. 

Sometimes when I go into settings and switch from the list view to the preview view and click save, the browser refreshes.  Sometimes when doing this the preview pane very, very briefly flashes on the screen then goes away.  It's almost like the preview pane is down below the screen and I cannot get to it.  My email messages just continue down below the screen and I cannot scroll down.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Since it is happening on multiple computers inside and outside the house it appears to be account related. I have sent you a private message to get more info.

0 Likes
sawdust4
Enthusiast - Level 3

I replied to your PM.

0 Likes