Emailing from IPAD
Oskarstig
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have FIOS service.  When I try to send an email message from my new Ipad, a box comes up telling me that

"A copy has been placed in your Outbox.  The recipient (my email address even though addressed not to me but to others) was rejected by the server because it does not allow relaying."

How can I fix this so I can send mail from IPAD.  Thanks so much for any help.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Emailing from IPAD
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

What are your SMTP (outgoing) settings?

0 Likes
Oskarstig
Enthusiast - Level 2

For SMTP settings it just says verizon.net and the box that says use this server only is not ticked

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Your outgoing server should be outgoing.verizon.net and there should be an option to tell it to authenticate with your username and password.

0 Likes
Oskarstig
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you , Somegirl, for you kind help.  Even changing the settings qas you suggested though did not work.  On a whim, I went to my IPAD Cloud settings and unticked " Mail" from the Cloud functionality.  It allowed me to send from the IPAD immediately.  I cannot think of why I need the Cloud for my email, anyway, except now I realize that the Notes section is within the Mail.  I could never get the Notes to synch before and I wonder if it will work better now.  

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@Oskarstig wrote:

Thank you , Somegirl, for you kind help.  Even changing the settings qas you suggested though did not work.  On a whim, I went to my IPAD Cloud settings and unticked " Mail" from the Cloud functionality.  It allowed me to send from the IPAD immediately.  I cannot think of why I need the Cloud for my email, anyway, except now I realize that the Notes section is within the Mail.  I could never get the Notes to synch before and I wonder if it will work better now.  

Glad you get it working!

0 Likes
drb7253

can anyone fix the relaying problem??  Verizon is useless getting their tech support!

0 Likes
drb7253

I changed the icloud setting to ON for th email and I still cannot email.  Memos remain in Outbox.  Any other suggestions???

TY

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Setup your Verizon Email Account

it's important to follow each step for the IPAD

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

you should also delete the ones in your inbox. and resend them after you adjust your settings.  

Adjusting the settings doesn't often fix the old ones in the outbox. 

0 Likes