Emails failing to send on Android phone
shesca
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I first set up my verizon.net email on my Android phone, they sent fine.  All of a sudden, my sent emails fail to send.  I rebooted my phone, set up Verizon once again, and the same thing - they sent for a few days and now will not.  I checked my settings, and they are correct.  I am so frustrated by this because I find I frequently need to send emails, and end up doing so through my gmail account instead.  I spoke with Verizon support, but was told this is an Android issue.  I spoke with AT&T (my provider) and they said it is a Verizon issue (this is often so typical).  I really don't care whose issue it is, I just want to be able to send emails from my phone.

Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Re: Emails failing to send on Android phone
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

What settings are you using? Could you take a screenshot (block your username/password) and post it?

Are you getting an error when you try to send?

0 Likes
shesca
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do I take a screenshot of my phone's settings?

0 Likes
shesca
Enthusiast - Level 1

imageI figured out how to do screen shots, so here they are

INCOMING SERVER SETTINGS

Not shown above is the last line:

APOP security login - I checked off the check box.

OUTGOING SERVING SETTINGS

image  Outgoing Server Settings

That's all I could find.  Please let me know how to change, so I can send email.

Thank you.

0 Likes
bruteforce1
Enthusiast - Level 3
Gold Contributor V
somegirl

Re: Emails failing to send on Android phone [ New ]

What settings are you using? Could you take a screenshot (block your username/password) and post it?

Are you getting an error when you try to send?

here are the settings for android   https://mail.verizon.com/webmail/driver?nimlet=showmessages&view=emails#options_POPEmailClient_POPEm...

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

You must not click APOP security password.  ITs not allowed anymore by Verizon.

Not sure it will help but you also did not click REQUIRE SIGNIN on the SMTP screen.

AllanSlow
Enthusiast - Level 1

I suddenly have the same problem.

Authentication error 500.5.7.0 unknown AUTH error - 1 (internal authentication error)

Any ideas???

Thanks.

Allan

0 Likes
JMR1276
Had the same problem but fixed by selecting SSL security from drop down and this auto populated correct port information. Sign in required with password also needs to be enabled. Hope this works for you.
0 Likes