Emails received containing PDF changed to .DAT
rcurci2

Good Morning all. I have tried searching this and thought I was nuts. If I send an email from any one of my Work Email, Personal Email, etc to my wife's Verizon.net Email account, it converts the attachment (PDF) to a windata.dat file and as such she cannot view it.

Why would this occur and how can I fix it?

For testing purposes, I will attempt to attach photos. And I have already sent the exact same email (CC) to my own Verizon email and I can open them fine, but to her email I cannot. 

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Emails received containing PDF changed to .DAT
rcurci2

Since I forgot to add a screen shot. It is attached. imageScreenShot

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Probably not being done by Verizon.  This used to be a common feature with the Microsoft Outlook family of products.  It was done for security.   If you trust the file download and open it.  If necessary rename it.

0 Likes
rcurci2

I would agree you, however I can send the same email to my self (doing CC or BCC, or even in the To field) and it doesn't do it attaching to my email address. It only does it to my wife's.

0 Likes
rcurci2

Furthermore, on her ipad, she cannot rename files prior to opening them. This issue still is occuring. She can send PDF's but not receive them regardless of who it is from.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't have an Ipad but have been told there is a way to save it to Icloud, dropbox,etc. e,g on how to do it see https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-save-email-attachments-in-ios-to-icloud-drive/

Remember these forums are peer to peer support.

0 Likes