Enhanced email security letter
deyev

Regarding the recent letter about enhanced email security, am I required to do something or can I just ignore it and still download my email into Outlook?  Thanx...

0 Likes
Re: Enhanced email security letter
tns
Master - Level 2

They haven't announced any deadline, but it is suspected that at some time in the future that unless you use SSL you will no longer be able to retrieve emails.

0 Likes
Sockie

I received the enhanced email security letter on Wednesday, 1/4/2012.  I immediately checked the website link provided, changed the ports as directed, and changed the security settings to SSL.  All was fine on Thursday, 1/5/2012 and I was able to download my email without problem.  This morning (Friday, 1/6/2012), after starting my email program, nothing downloaded.  I opened my email account via web interface and there were 32 emails waiting in my inbox.  What is happening and why can't I download my email?  Also, the instructions on the website mentioned only Outlook for email.  Are you now saying that I can use only Outlook?  The most hack-prone email interface on the planet?  I use Mozilla Thunderbird and I have no desire to change.  Please respond ASAP, I do not want my mail piling up on your server.  Thank you.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

they have some sort of acknowledged problem since yesterday.

Temporary solution go back to port 587 for SMTP and 110 for POP and turn off SSL.

0 Likes
Sockie

Thanks for the quick response!  I am at work now but will make the changes when I get home today.

0 Likes