Re: Error Message: Not Supported Method
HisPixie
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm getting the same message and I figured out that it's not supporting Google Chrome...although I have used it for months. But what is really TICKING me off is that no one is answering me at Verizon.  I sent an email 4 days ago and I have received no response (through my ever-reliable hotmail account). I have now been on hold with the Verizon (playing really bad, static-y musak) for over 15 minutes.  I WANT A RESPONSE.  Even if I did figure it out myself.  I'm not paying my bill until they answer me.

HisPixie
Enthusiast - Level 2

AND they just answered and the connection dropped!!

HisPixie
Enthusiast - Level 2

OMG I got this smart alecky guy on the phone when I finally did get through!!!  It was awful, this is the worst support I've ever had. Practically begs me to call Comcast or ANYONE who can provide SERVICE beside Verizon!

Toobusy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am using Chrome.  I kept getting the Not Supported Method messege yesterday.  I kept trying and eventually I got in. I even did a chat with Chrome.  Now I can't get back in.  So it's not that it is 100% not supported.  It's a random issue.  I have used Chrome that last few times I logged into Verizon and it was fine.  

Companies refuse to accept the problem is theirs until enough people gather enough facts to tell them what the problem is.  They will never trouble shoot on their own.  We have to tell them where to look and what to do.   Sadly, we don't get paid for that like their employees do ,even though we do the work.  It's not just Verizon.  It's sad that this is what things have come to.  

Eventually enough people will complain and make noise and Verizon will quietly fix the problem in the background but will never take blame or responsibilty for it.  They will keep pointing fingers to keep us from getting frustrated with them and leave.   Customer Retention is about smoke and mirrors and deflection.  

warrenhottie
Enthusiast - Level 3

And the sad thing is for some stupid reason I keep paying $9.99 a month for what? For Premium Tech Support to tell me they will record the issue & get back to me? I think it's time I stopped that service & they even charge you for stopping it!

0 Likes
sunman1
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Not Supported Method problem started after Verizon made a service change, which they have not communicated. I first noticed it on 12/28/11 when my wireless access stopped working.  Prior to that, there were also many digital drop outs on FIOS TV so it was obvious something was going on in Verzion Command Central.  After resetting the Verizon router ( I do not use their wireless) and changing the IP address on my Linksys wireless router, I was able to restore wireless access.

I still go the useless "Not Supported Method" message when logging in on both wired and wireless home networked computers. I was able to log in with Chrome on my company's laptop through the same home wireless network however, so I concluded it had something to do with a security or IP change made by Verizon.  I then opened an incognito window and was able to log in on all home networked computers (wired and wireless).  This must be done every time you want to login, however.

It's really too bad Verizon cannot admit to the problem they created or fix it.  It has no relationship to the web browser being used (as Verizon claims).  It's something they did and they will not tell us what, or how to fix it.

Very bad customer support!

• Cryptic Message with no meaning or re-direction
  •  Bad Grammar ( Try "non-supported method" or "This method is not supported")
  • Non responsive
  • No alternates to communicate (really, try calling customer support!)
  • No service notices
  • Arrogance
defoll

I agree with you completely. The support from Verizon as well as their web site functionality is the worst by far that I have ever exxperienced. The problem is there does not appear to be a viable alternative for the FIOS internet service. I am going to switch all my emails to a Gmail acocunt and try and eliminate this email foolishness. I usually get about 25-30 emails a day. Since I switched my settings I get or two - something is wrong but from many bad past experiences I WILL NOT call their tech support. I'd rather rely on Tarot cards.

0 Likes