Establishing E-mail Accounts
FrankCorlett
Enthusiast - Level 1

[Hope complaining about services is OK on this forum. Please note: sarcasm is just one of my talents.]

Great forum content. Too bad it can't be searched for more specific issues. For all I know, this question has been answered several times already.

My issue concerns establishing e-mail accounts and I'm pretty sure I got the wrong answer from Verizon's 'chat' support.

Per Verizon chat support; "mail sent to any Verizon e-mail account or sub-account will appear to come from, or go to the primary Verizon e-mail account". I don't think this is true as my daughter has 3 different 'verizon.net' e-mail accounts and I can send messages to any or all of them from my Hotmail (or any other) account. The messages arrive at separate mail boxes, and messages she sends appear to come from separate addresses.

VERY strange arrangement if what chat support says is true.

Second issue: Verizon has already established two e-mail accounts for me (?!?). One is based on my user name for 'My Verizon'. The other appears to have been generated by Verizon.net, but bears no resemblance to any other account identifiers. I'd like to establish my own accounts and feel as a mature adult that I might be able to handle it.

Maybe these guys to learn a few things about support from their sister company Verizon Wireless. That end of the business has had good support from the beginning. Started with their predecessor (Airtouch), and is ingrained in their culture.

Keep trying guys, you'll get it.

0 Likes
Re: Establishing E-mail Accounts
Not applicable

To answer your second question first; when the account was opened Verizon assigned an internal Verizon ID(i.e... res8s14c random ID but unique) this ID is the primary ID and it cannot be changed or modified, however you are allowed to create what is considered a "Verizon Email Alias" which allows you to create your own user name(depending on availability) and once it gets created it cannot be changed. The Verizon ID and the new user name are now linked and one in the same but with an alias.

Example: {edited for privacy}@verizon.net = myusername@verizon.net

Verizon ID                    Verizon User Name(Alias)

Technically if we were to send an email to any of these above, either one will reach the same email user. In the end Verizon creates a Verizon ID for internal purposes and the user creates a user name for external purposes, but they are both linked together.

Once the primary is registered or alias created you are allowed to create/modify/delete any sub-accounts under the primary account. I do have to agree that the messages do not go to the primary email address, each goes to their own address; maybe what the rep from the chat process was trying to say is that any sub account is linked to the primary; the statement  "mail sent to any Verizon e-mail account or sub-account will appear to come from, or go to the primary Verizon e-mail account" most likely refers to sub-accounts being linked to the primary Verizon ID/user name and therefore allowing Verizon to track a sub-account to the main account of origin.

FrankCorlett
Enthusiast - Level 1

Dear ElizabethS,

Thanks very much for your reply. Clearly answers my questions.

If you're a Verizon employes, they should have you tutor some of your co-workers. If not, perhaps Verizon would be willing to hire you as a trainer, or technical writer.

Sincerely,

FrankCorlett

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@FrankCorlett wrote:

Dear ElizabethS,

Thanks very much for your reply. Clearly answers my questions.

If you're a Verizon employes, they should have you tutor some of your co-workers. If not, perhaps Verizon would be willing to hire you as a trainer, or technical writer.

Sincerely,

FrankCorlett

Actually, the reply was from forum user FiOS_FiOS. ElizabethS is a forum moderator that edited the post.

0 Likes
RICHIE42

That still doesn't answer question. How do you tie the sub accounts together with primary. The way it is now I have to log out of each subaccount and log in to another sub account. Not good, Any other mail program I have used over the years you can send and recieve from all accounts without logging in and out of each account. If this is the way it is , Verizon needs to fix it. I would like to use verizon email program , but not this way.

0 Likes