Eudora 7.1
Stevef3NJ
Contributor - Level 1

I have used Eudora for many years.  Everything was fine until yesterday.  On all my computers and all my FIOS email accounts, I can only receive mail, and can't send any.  I was on the phone for a while with second tier support, but they could not figure it out.  I am posting here, to check with other Eudora users, if there are any.  I can send mail out signing into my verizon.com, so the mail server is ok.  I also changed a while ago to the new settings, so that is not the issue.  If anyone can help. I appreciate it.

0 Likes
Re: Eudora 7.1
Hubrisnxs
Legend

another user found a solution, maybe it will work for you

was having same issue, ended up being a secure socket thing. in options, sending mail, uncheck (use submission port 587) in, secure sockets when sending, select (required, alternet port) . selection. worked for me, good luck

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

ok, send authentication errors

go to this file

C:\Program Files\Qualcomm\Eudora\deudora.ini

open with note pad

ad this line

SmtpAuthBanished=CRAM-MD5

just below...

[Settings]
SmtpAuthBanished=CRAM-MD5
NC=1
Code=NC
UseAppData=1

[Mappings]

save and close.

open eudora , and this should work, long as you have the correct pop and smtp settings

pop.verizon.net

smtp.verizon.net

secure sockets = required. alternate port... sending

secure sockets = required. alternate port... receiving

worked for me too, thanks all, what a **bleep** haha they BLEEPED **bleep** pee eye tee a

Stevef3NJ
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you, thank you, thank you , thank you.  It is resolved!  I have used Eudora since the 90s and loved it.  I was freaking out that it didn't work.  You have made me a very happy man!

Hubrisnxs
Legend

glad I could help.   real kudos go out to our other forum user who found the fix, but I am glad I could find that answer for you.  

🙂 

0 Likes
lakesidepark1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for your solution post.  It worked for me...although I was confused by the post regarding where to put the SmtpAuthBanished=CRAM-MD5 and I actually put it in eudora.ini by mistake and it still worked.

I spend 25 minutes on a chat with a verizon guy who just kept telling me it was my problem and nothing changed at verizon but it was a known problem for eudora users.

then the guy had the audacity to call me at home to tell me the same thing again after I threatened to move my account to comcast.

it took me 4 hours of googling to find this post and get eudora to work.  people who don't have eudora don't know why we like it.  I started using it in 1994 when I was working at Qualcomm and love the software.

Viking25

I've used Eudora Pro continuously since 1995, and I had the same problem on Friday morning, Aug 1 with both of two Eudora installations on different computers.  It will still behave normally on another account via Verizon using the default submission port 587.

My error message reads, "<Dominant>.  SSL 1 messages left to send. MAIL FROM <my verizon email address> [03.48.05 PM]  There has been an error transferring your mail. I said: MAIL FROM <my Verizon email address> and then the SMTP server (smtp.verizon.net) said: 550.5.7.1 Authentication Required"

I spoke to three Verizon technicians and they were of no help.  The last one put me on hold and went to the "higher level" who told me to go to Eudora tech support.  I explained that there has been no support since 2006.  The reply was they had no solution.

Multiple Eudora SMTP failures are no coincidence. What did Verizon do to cause this?   

@Stevef3NJ wrote:

I have used Eudora for many years.  Everything was fine until yesterday.  On all my computers and all my FIOS email accounts, I can only receive mail, and can't send any.  I was on the phone for a while with second tier support, but they could not figure it out.  I am posting here, to check with other Eudora users, if there are any.  I can send mail out signing into my verizon.com, so the mail server is ok.  I also changed a while ago to the new settings, so that is not the issue.  If anyone can help. I appreciate it.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Solved! Go to Solution.

0 Likes
JGH3
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I used eudora.ini (not deudora.ini) it ccorrected the problem on all three of my computers..Thank You.

0 Likes
Doodus_Freight

Yes, yes, YES!! this works.

overall Verizon mail is just plain horrible, particularly due to situations like this.

they send more trash, phishing, junk & unwanted stuff than anyone else, and all my submissions to spamdetector.notcaught@verizon.net just go un-noticed.

come on, guys, it's just email.

0 Likes