Re: Eudora Email Settings
tlb7
Contributor - Level 3

>>coloradojack: Worked for me, too !  Thanks !

I'm glad to hear that. Thanks so much for posting how to change the settings on the mac side...'-}}

0 Likes
dtutelman

Thanks! Your suggestion worked just fine for me.

DaveT

@Man947265 wrote:

Here's the answer:

[Secure Sockets When Sending] and [Secure Sockets When Receiving] should both be set to:

[Required, Alternate Port]

That takes care of the SSL Enabled and Port settings in the last two columns.

Change the server addresses and do the above and you should be good to go.

0 Likes
echojack

I am also having problems setting up my Eudora using Verizon. was working good with Cox but not with Verizon. How do I set my pop and smtp for verizon using Eudora?

Jack

0 Likes
bogarter
Enthusiast - Level 2

these threads are from last year, which I dealt with too.

and now this

happened to me again, the other day, I think 7/31/14, more issues, so this is going around, and worked for me, after 2 daze of looking around and fiddlin.

ok,  send authentication errors

go to this file

C:\Program Files\Qualcomm\Eudora\deudora.ini

open with note pad

ad this line

SmtpAuthBanished=CRAM-MD5

just below...

[Settings]
SmtpAuthBanished=CRAM-MD5
NC=1
Code=NC
UseAppData=1

[Mappings]

save and close.

open eudora , and this should work, long as you have the correct pop and smtp settings

pop.verizon.net

smtp.verizon.net

secure sockets = required. alternate port...  sending

secure sockets = required. alternate port...  receiving

worked for me too, thanks all, what a **bleep** haha they BLEEPED **bleep** pee eye tee a

Man947265
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks very much for posting this fix.  Instead of spending the same amount of time that you did I was able to just add that line and presto!, problem solved!

I had been able to post a fix to the original person who started this thread and my choice to make that effort has been rewarded repeatedly.  For me personally this thread has been a technical karma train.

That principle should work for you too.  Thanks very much again for posting this fix!

0 Likes
chesneyj1

Thank you so much!  I have been hunting for an answer for days and now I can finally send emails again.

You rock!

0 Likes
JGH3
Enthusiast - Level 2

When i open Eudora and it checks mail, I get "SSL negotiation Failed" message, if I tell eudora to "check mail" it works perfectly. I get the same on two computers, the problem started about a week ago.

0 Likes