Re: Eudora & server changes
BillSamuel1

Yes, all those are set up as you indicate.

I got it working yesterday, but today it will not connect at all.

0 Likes
Re: Eudora & server changes - Verizon problems
BillSamuel1

My problems connecting today were due to nothing at my end. Did a chat with Verizon. The agent said they were temporarily having a lot of problems with the new server settings. He told me to change the servers back to incoming and outgoing, but leave the other changes. I did that, and my problems vanished. He said the new server settings should be working again within 24 hours.

0 Likes
ImNotDave
Enthusiast - Level 3

Version 6.2.3.4 - Paid Mode (57)

0 Likes
tlb7
Contributor - Level 3

>>billsamuel: My problems connecting today were due to nothing at my end. Did a chat with Verizon. The agent said they were temporarily having a lot of problems with the new server settings. He told me to change the servers back to incoming and outgoing, but leave the other changes. I did that, and my problems vanished. He said the new server settings should be working again within 24 hours.

First...glad you were able to get "Required, Alternate Port" to stick...

I'm also glad that chat was able to get you the info on the new server problem. I'm in VA (outside Washington, DC) and I've not had problems since I made the changes but a few days ago, another Eudora user in MD had problems that turned out to be similar to yours in that there was an issue with the new servers that was fixed the next day...

Sure is a pita! '-}}

0 Likes
thisistough

FWIW, the new settings have not worked at all for me for receiving email -- but the new smtp worked fine outbound -- until late this evening. Now the outbound email gives errors, too (I changed nothing in the interim). Sigh.

I'm in Philly suburbs. Sure hope Verizon gets their act together soon ... but I'm not holding my breath -- and my patience is far too short to endure that travesty that they call phone support ....

Good luck to one and all !

0 Likes
lilhighway
Enthusiast - Level 3
Action Required Now - Important Changes to your Verizon Email Account  

Dear Valued Verizon Customer,

To further improve security and your online experience, Verizon has modified the way Verizon.net email is handled when sent or received through an email application (such as Outlook Express®, MS Outlook, Windows Live Mail or via hand-held devices)........ are you kidding me verizon improve what securityand are online experience can some verizon explain this to me please.lol
0 Likes
tlb7
Contributor - Level 3

>>thisistough: FWIW, the new settings have not worked at all for me for receiving email -- but the new smtp worked fine outbound -- until late this evening. Now the outbound email gives errors, too (I changed nothing in the interim). Sigh.

Sigh indeed! '-}}

So far, things have been stable here in VA (Washington, DC area) with the new settings--in both Eudora and Thunderbird--and my sister who lives next door who also has FiOS broadband is still using the old server settings successfully in Thunderbird...

I'll keep my fingers crossed that they get things in the Philly area sorted out soon...

0 Likes
BillSamuel1

Here in Maryland, there are still major problems. It is very hard for Eudora to log in to the POP server. Sometimes it takes 30 minutes, sometimes an hour, sometimes it just won't do it. Once it is able to log in, then usually it can update OK. But if you close Eudora and then re-open it, you get the same problem again. It is not just Eudora. My Android devices could not connect to the server anytime after about noon on Sunday.

We are in the 5th day of this debacle, and I have wasted enormous amounts of time trying to get my emails. Verizon should give refunds for this problem.

0 Likes
tlb7
Contributor - Level 3

>>billsamuel: We are in the 5th day of this debacle, and I have wasted enormous amounts of time trying to get my emails. Verizon should give refunds for this problem.

Wow! Sorry to hear that. It must be a major pain--have had no problems here in VA. I'd certainly talk to Verizon about some sort of credit. I hope they get it resolved soon.

0 Likes
Cable201

Thanks for this post.  Sorry but the forum won't allow kudos to be added to the post.

0 Likes