Re: Eudora & server changes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@Cable201 wrote:

Thanks for this post.  Sorry but the forum won't allow kudos to be added to the post.

Thanks for what post? FYI, you aren't allowed to give kudos until you reach Contributor rank. Since you've reached it, you can probably give kudos to the post you are talking about now.

0 Likes
tlb7
Contributor - Level 3

>>cable201: Thanks for this post.  Sorry but the forum won't allow kudos to be added to the post.

If this was addressed to me as the original poster of this thread, you are very welcome...I hope it proved useful...'-}}

Terrie

0 Likes
Re: Eudora & server changes EUDORA 7.1
edfinigan

I've had no problem in making the changes and receiving or sending mail in EUDORA 7.1 - as I  had done for years.

BUT, when I leave the mail program running, my WINDOWS 7.1 laptop freezes and requires a CTL-ALT-DEL to close the program.

Any suggestions for troubleshooting

0 Likes
ImNotDave
Enthusiast - Level 3

After MONTHS of Eudora working correctly for me, ove rthe last week none of my mail is going out.  I have my primary VZ account set up are the primary in Eudora and several pop3 accoutns at my doins that validate through that primary.  **bleep** verizon pleae fiz this.

0 Likes
tlb7
Contributor - Level 3

imnotdave...

Please take a look a page 3, post 7 from the top of the page by user jfadden in the thread "problems sending email - what authentication is needed??" for a solution to what is likely the problem. If you read through the entire thread, you'll see that there are a number of us Eudora users with the same problem.

By the way...where are you located? I'm in the Washington, DC metro area (VA) and everyone else with the problem also seems to be on the east coast so we're trying to gather info on where peole who are having this problem are located.

Hope this helps...

0 Likes
Re: Eudora & server changes - and Log Files
edfinigan

Thank you for such a comprehensive list of settings.

As I try these to get rid of a pesty task errors message:"There has been an error transferring your mail." and "Connection closed by foreign host".

These are usually accompanied by eudora.log entries such as: "    550 5.7.1 Authentication is required to send mail as <sub1anz4a@verizon.net>\r\n".     

Please tell what the \r\n suffix means??

0 Likes
vze2btf5
Enthusiast - Level 1

Good morning. I just came back from vacation and Eudora will not send anything out (but I can get mail in). All settings are as they are described below and I wonder if anyone has any thoughts? All its tell me is "550 5.7.1 Authentication Required".

Thank you

0 Likes
Re: Eudora & server changes - and Log Files
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@edfinigan wrote:

Thank you for such a comprehensive list of settings.

As I try these to get rid of a pesty task errors message:"There has been an error transferring your mail." and "Connection closed by foreign host".

These are usually accompanied by eudora.log entries such as: "    550 5.7.1 Authentication is required to send mail as <sub1anz4a@verizon.net>\r\n".     

Please tell what the \r\n suffix means??

\r carriage return

\n new line

Really unimportant.

0 Likes
nanoman1

Help. I set up Eudora as described and all was working up to 3 weeks ago. 

Now I cannot send e-mails from Eudora. I still recieve e-mails.

My smtp port is 

• Outgoing mail server (SMTP😞 smtp.verizon.net
  • Outgoing Server Port Numbers: 465 

I get error 550 5.7.1 Authentication Required

Any ideas ?

Thanks

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

About the beginning of August Verizon started "advertising" that cram-md5 is supported.  They don't in fact support it and Eudora is one of the products that try and use it.  A bypass solution has been posted for quite awhile see jfadden's post in another thread http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/problems-sending-email-what-authentication-is-needed/...

0 Likes