FIXED: Blocking Outgoing Mail
Lorena_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

Dear Verizon Community:

Thanks to your enthusiastic participation in Verizon Community and willingness to assist our technical support teams, Verizon successfully identified the root cause and fixed the intermittent outgoing email issue experienced by some of you. (Note: robtoy was especially instrumental in helping Verizon troubleshoot this issue.)

Thank you again for your support and business!

Regards

0 Likes
Re: FIXED: Blocking Outgoing Mail
robtoby
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks everyone.  And it's 'robtoby', not 'robtoy'!  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
spigmu
Enthusiast - Level 3

Lorena,

What is the fix?  Nothing has changed for me.   Cannot access outgoing server not matter how it is set.  Changing port to 587 had no effect, although I can access it if I use a NON Verizon network (same computer, same set up), but cannot from my Verizon home DSL.   Others with other POPs have no problems on our network.

Please advise!!   :  )

Thanks,

dw

0 Likes
LCH2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same problem with the outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net.  Wouldn't send email.  Today, I changed my router settings from Medium to Low and now I can send.  Don't know why this worked, but email can send now.

0 Likes
soccermom62
Enthusiast - Level 1

What is the fix for this? I just got the iPhone4 and now it seems I can't send out any emails using my home computer? Thought this had something to do with my phone but maybe not? thanks!

0 Likes
RushMan1

Since sometime this weekend, I have not been able to access email using Vista, Windows Mail (replacement for Outlook Express - essentially the same).

Today, I can receive emails but not send. 

An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Re: Are we really that old?', Account: 'Verizon.net', Server: 'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '421 Cannot connect to SMTP server 206.46.232.12 (206.46.232.12:465), connect error 10060', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 421, Error Number: 0x800CCC67

I've made no changes to my system.

0 Likes
RushMan1

OK, I'm going to answer my own problem report!

The problem looks to be change in my anti-virus program.

So for those with the same problem, using AVAST!,

go into Real Time Shields

Mail Shield

Expert Settings

SSL accounts

Check that your POP3 is set to Port 110, Encryption set to None

Check that your SMTP is set to Port 587, Encryption set to None

That's the fix, and I hope this helps someone else who may have seen the same problem(s) with sending or receiving using Outlook, Outlook Express (Win XP), or Windows Mail (Vista).

0 Likes
marlee4

I cannot send e-mail. Answers to date are beyond my capacity to use.  How do I contact Verizon to fix?

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@marlee wrote:

I cannot send e-mail. Answers to date are beyond my capacity to use.  How do I contact Verizon to fix?

Try the Contact Us link at the bottom of verizon.com pages. They have several options available.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@marlee wrote:

Why don't you try asking here? There are a number of people who I am sure are willing to help. Since you just registered today and have only one post, it appears you have not asked your questions here. And you need to try to be specific, error messages you are getting, server definitions you are using, what email client, etc.

Keller, TX 76248