Fixed a verizon.net aol pop3 problem
Grappa
Enthusiast - Level 3

After working well for a few months after moving to AOL, my ubuntu Thunderbird clients and iphone IOS email were only able to retrieve email from my verizon.net account about 5% of the time.

Deleting the Verizon email account from my iphone and reinstalling as an AOL mail service has fixed the problem for both my iphone and my ubuntu Thunderbird clients.  Somehow the iphone was messing up my account on the AOL server and it was affecting my other email clients.

The move to AOL has been a headache.  If AOL can't get email right, I don't see any reason to buy any of their other services.

I'm feeling the same way about Verizon.  They shuffled us off to a second rate service provider and left us high and dry.  I'm not planning to get anything besides access from them either.

0 Likes
Re: Fixed a verizon.net aol pop3 problem
Grappa
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry all, my emails started coming in, but only for 24 hours. As I've since seen in another post it was logging into aol.com that freed up my emails.  I only have this problem with my main verizon account.  My other verizon account works correctly.

0 Likes