Formatting Issues with IE8 and Verizon Email
wperdman

I am using Internet Explorer 8/Windows7  to view and compose emails in the "new" Verizon Email interface and have become increasing frustrated with the way the <enter> key doesn't work the way its supposed to.  At the end of a sentence when I hit the enter key to start a new line it moves some or all of that line down the page, breaking it - and does not put my cursor at the beginning of the next line the way one would expect.  Very frustrating.  Had to switch to Mozilla Firefox where it appears to be OK.

0 Likes
Re: Formatting Issues with IE8 and Verizon Email
Justin46
Legend

I normally use Firefox and do not experience what you describe. But I just started IE8 and tried it there, also worked just fine, using the "new" webmail interface. Do you have any add-ons enabled in IE? If so, have you tried starting IE without any add-ons to see if that has any effect? I have seen some reports of add-ons causing problems with webmail.

It could also perhaps be caused by fixes applied to IE. Is your IE up to date? I updated mine yesterday with the latest Microsoft fixes so if yours is current that is probably not a possibility. 

In my Windows 7 I have an entry in All Programs under Accessories ==> System Tools that will start IE without any add-ons.

Keller, TX 76248

becmckee
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem for me!  But it's touch and go -- sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't .  Makes me look like an idiot when I'm typing email.....

0 Likes
your_vz_buddy

Just go back to the classic version, that should work fine. the link is right up at the top right.

0 Likes