Forward filter
jdons
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is there a way to set up a filter to forward certain e-mails from someone to someone else and also keep the original?  The only thing I see is the move to option.  When I test this, it gets forwarded and I never see it.  How can I keep it and forward it?

Thanks

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Forward filter
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Pulling my reply from this thread, as I feel it may be what  you're looking for:

An important note: if you set your verizon.net email to forward, it will NOT keep a copy of the message on the verizon.net site. It is possible to set this up with your verizon.net address, but it requires the use of filters.

After some trial and error, this is the way that I've found to make this work with a verizon.net address successfully. You have to set up 2 filters.

Filter 1:

If To or CC matches yourusername@verizon.net then automatically move to folder: Inbox

This seems redundant, but this is how you get it to keep a copy of the message in your verizon.net inbox. Replace "yourusername" with your actual verizon.net username.

Filter 2:

If To or CC matches yourusername@verizon.net then automatically send notification to ##########@vtext.com

This sends the message to your vtext account. Replace "##########" with your VZW number.

BOTH of these filters have to be set up for you to get a copy both places.

Obviously you'll put you email address in instead of the vtext address, but it should work the same way. You can also change the criteria if you don't want every message to forward. Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Pulling my reply from this thread, as I feel it may be what  you're looking for:

An important note: if you set your verizon.net email to forward, it will NOT keep a copy of the message on the verizon.net site. It is possible to set this up with your verizon.net address, but it requires the use of filters.

After some trial and error, this is the way that I've found to make this work with a verizon.net address successfully. You have to set up 2 filters.

Filter 1:

If To or CC matches yourusername@verizon.net then automatically move to folder: Inbox

This seems redundant, but this is how you get it to keep a copy of the message in your verizon.net inbox. Replace "yourusername" with your actual verizon.net username.

Filter 2:

If To or CC matches yourusername@verizon.net then automatically send notification to ##########@vtext.com

This sends the message to your vtext account. Replace "##########" with your VZW number.

BOTH of these filters have to be set up for you to get a copy both places.

Obviously you'll put you email address in instead of the vtext address, but it should work the same way. You can also change the criteria if you don't want every message to forward. Hope this helps!

jdons
Enthusiast - Level 1

That worked.  It seems like that would not work, but it does.

1st filter move to inbox

2nd filter Automatically move mail to :(new recipient)

I keep it and it gets forwarded

Thank you