Getting Message Failed - Status:500
getemail
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a particular email that gets replied and forward a lot to about 20 people. Therefore, it is reused a lot. I have been getting "Getting Message Failed" messages when I attempt to open them. The message is:

Unable to load ?webmail/driver?wimlet=getemail

I would like to know what is causing this email to fail to open. Other emails I do not have problems with. However, the failed message does not tell me what is causing the failure. I have try to alter the email contain but  that does not solve the problem.

Any ideas on what the status 500 means?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Getting Message Failed - Status:500
getemail
Enthusiast - Level 1

Called Verizon support. Could not identify what Status 500 was. Since I was using IE, suggest I try Google Chome. I did and I was able to access all my failed emails. So, IE has compatibility issues with Verizon Webmail. GC seems to work better with Webmail as well. Say goodbye to IE.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
getemail
Enthusiast - Level 1

Called Verizon support. Could not identify what Status 500 was. Since I was using IE, suggest I try Google Chome. I did and I was able to access all my failed emails. So, IE has compatibility issues with Verizon Webmail. GC seems to work better with Webmail as well. Say goodbye to IE.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Currently known to not be compatiable with IE11.  You should be able to run the webmail in compatibilty mode.

0 Likes