quick menu

Getting email set up

Getting email set up

Contributor Max13
Contributor
Message 1 of 2
(331 Views)

I just joined Verizon yesterday.  I already have Outlook for my email - NOT Express.  I am having difficulty getting it set up to send and receive email.  I have already changed to pop.verizon.net and smpt.verizon.net.

1 REPLY
Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II
Message 2 of 2
(330 Views)

Review this article and see if it helps you out any: https://help.aol.com/articles/how-do-i-set-up-other-email-applications-to-send-and-receive-my-verizo...

A lot of Verizon's e-mail accounts are hosted with AOL. Some may also be hosted on Yahoo. You'll want to make sure that Outlook is set to use the secure ports, not the default, unsecure ports.

I would recommend the use of IMAP, by the way. This way your e-mail account reflects on mobile devices and webmail too. POP should only be used if you have no intention of checking e-mail from anywhere but Outlook.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
My Fios App
Fios TV App
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios