Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

Gmail and Vz cell phone

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Gmail and Vz cell phone

Message 1 of 2
(776 Views)

I've been using Gmail to access my Verizon.net email on my Vz cell phones for years and have been pretty happy with the pairing.

For some reason when I send a message the receiving person now sees my email address  (xxxxxx@verizon.net) instead of my first name / last name as it used to appear.

Seems like this may have started when I switched from my original Pixel cell phone to a Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus. When I discovered this issue I initially thought I messed something up when set up Gmail on the S10. Since I still had the Pixel I went back to check the settings and see everything appears to be the same.

I've traded emails with my wife using her Note 9 and see that her email address is displaying now instead of her first name / last name.

Anyone else seeing this? Any idea on how to get my first name / last name to display when I send an email?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Gmail and Vz cell phone

Message 2 of 2
(706 Views)

I think you probably want the Verizon Wireless Community. These boards are for Verizon's landline services.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.