Re: Google Chrome Users and Not Supported method
tns
Master - Level 2

@Holly1 wrote:

Someone from Verizon needs to put this message out to IE users too.The Windows Update KB2585542, that some think is causing the problem for IE users ia a very important security update that I am reluctant to remove. I am waiting for a Microsoft tech to get back to me about the feasibility of removing it without compromising my computer .  I should be hearing from someone soon as the reply I got said I would be hearing from a Microsoft support professional within 24 hours.

Holly 

Verizon reportedly put in a fix and it appears to be working for IE users.  Near to hear from some chrome users to see if it works for them as well.

KB2585542 is indeed important.  You could possibly live without for awhile, but that leaves open the exposure it is intended to fix.  In addition to Verizon, I know of two goverment sites and several VPN software that are not working correctly with chrome or IE (with KB2585542) INSTALL.

I haven't seen in but also see references for some of DirecTv, HBOgo and Maxgo as sites that sometimes don't work.

I wonder if FIREFOX fixed it differently, or just hasn't installed a fix yet.  I had to resort to Firefox for the Gov. site I use regularly.

0 Likes