Google Chrome and Webmail
MIL213

Using webmail from work and I use Chrome on a Macbook.  When I try to log in I get a page that says "Not Supported Method". I can log in with Safari and I can also log in from home using Chrome on a Windows PC.  Anyone else having this issue? Any suggestions on a resolution? Granted I can use Safari, but prefer the Chrome browser. Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Google Chrome and Webmail
WaMBen
Enthusiast - Level 2

I currently prefer using chrome to the other browsers.  The Not Supported Method message was coming up on one of our PCs, but not the others for about a day.  Now it comes up on the others as well.  Therefore, you may expect that your ability to use chrome on your PC from home will soon disappear into the same message.  

The only solution that I have discovered thus far is to clear the browser history and cookies in chrome.  This allows only one time access to e-mail and must be repeated each time you wish to access e-mail.  You will have to clear prior to going to the verizon site.

I'm hoping to find a better solution.  I hope that verizon is aware of this issue and is working to resolve it as well.

0 Likes
WaMBen
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is most likely a Verizon issue as it occurs in firefox as well as in chrome.  You can access your verizon.net e-mail account in chrome by using a "third party"  webmail access such as mail2web.

0 Likes
MIL213

Thanks for replying. I saw some posts on the Chrome support site after I posted this. I tried the deletion of the cookies and history but that didn't seem to work either. Guess I'll have to use a third party client. Thanks again. 

0 Likes
melg1

Suddenly I am not able to log into my Verizon email. I did nothing different - have been able to access it in the past using Google Chrome - but now I get the  NOT SUPPORTED METHOD.  I have windows 7.  I did the live chat to find a resolution however all he did was open it in Internet Explorer.  I prefer Google Chrome as it is a safer environment.  Can't even pay my Verizon bill because I cannot log in -- how ironic eh?

Anyone know what is causing this issue?

0 Likes
slanning2

I was having the same problem.  I used the verizon chat support, and the guy was very helpful.  He did several things, but I think what actually made the difference was to log in through a different page from what I had been using.  I was using www22.verizon.com (which is also where you go if you do www.verizon.net).  That no longer seems to work.  But, if you use webmail.verizon.net/signin, that works.

0 Likes
Google Chrome and Webmail

Just like all these other Chrome users I lost use of my Verizon email. I do keep Int. Expl. as a backup for just such an occasion. It wouldn't be so bad if Verizon provided timely customer support. But I don't feel like spending 20 minutes on the phone only to be cut off just as I get through to someone on the other side of the world. Even DirectTV and T-Mobile provide better support than Verizon.

0 Likes