HELLO VERIZON, YOU ARE LOSING CUSTOMERS DUE TO SPAM, ARE YOU LISTENING, DO YOU CARE?
nanook626
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
Re: HELLO VERIZON, YOU ARE LOSING CUSTOMERS DUE TO SPAM, ARE YOU LISTENING, DO YOU CARE?
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're talking to other customers here.  If you want to reach Verizon, you'll need to call or chat with them.

Spam filters vary widely in effectiveness.  Gmail has an excellent spam filter.  You can setup your Verizon email to go to Gmail and be filtered there.  It works wonderfully.

Post back if you need more info on how to set this up.

Enjoy.

Re: HELLO VERIZON, YOU ARE LOSING CUSTOMERS DUE TO SPAM, ARE YOU LISTENING, DO YOU CARE?
nanook626
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have chatted with Verizon, numerous times.  They give me the same **bleep** every time about what to do and how to do it.  I have done everything they told me to and I still get at least 50 spam emails everyday.  Occasionally, someone from the company reads these forums and responds.  I am trying to get their attention to fix something that needs to be fixed.  I pay a lot of money to this company every month for residential, tv, internet, wireless and they should be able to provide me with better email support.  If other email providers like Gmail and Earthlink can do it successfully, then so should Verizon.  All they need to do is add another layer, so that we can choose what goes in our inbox and what goes to spam.  They are large enough and have enough $$ to do this, they don't want to, probably because there is financial gain on their part not to do it.  Customers shouldn't have to settle for second best when we are paying the prices that Verizon charges.

Techman28
Master - Level 1

I'm curious have you clicked on any of the emails and at the bottom are any listed as unsubscribe, if so then go ahead and try that and see if that will mitigate it at all.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Techman28 wrote:

I'm curious have you clicked on any of the emails and at the bottom are any listed as unsubscribe, if so then go ahead and try that and see if that will mitigate it at all.

Clicking unsubscribe buttons on spam is always a bad idea.

JRTEMT
Contributor - Level 2

@Techman28 wrote:

Been told numerous times by IT Professionals NOT to click on ANY links in SPAM. you're just verifying that it is a valid account...then you are posted on a suckers list and distributed to all spammers.

0 Likes