HTML Links in Emails are Not Live
slider9499

HTML links are not live in my emails. I constantly have to cut and paste the URL into a new browser window to open them. I was told to change the Settings to Basic. The default was Basic and it did not work. So I changed it to RICH, this did not work either. Then I changed it back to BASIC and again, it still didn't work

Any idea what the problem could be?

0 Likes
Re: HTML Links in Emails are Not Live
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is probably better over in the Email forum ... but it would help if you told us exactly "how" (email client, web interface, etc.) you access and send your email.  Different email clients function differently.

0 Likes
Re: HTML Links in Emails are Not Live
Justin46
Legend

@slider9499 wrote:

HTML links are not live in my emails. I constantly have to cut and paste the URL into a new browser window to open them. I was told to change the Settings to Basic. The default was Basic and it did not work. So I changed it to RICH, this did not work either. Then I changed it back to BASIC and again, it still didn't work

Any idea what the problem could be?

I do not normally use the webmail interface except to check and delete spam, but I just did a test where I sent myself a note with a live link and the link was live in webmail and worked just fine. I have it set for the Rich interface, and am using Firefox 3.5.9. So it can work.

What browser are you using? And perhaps an add-on or plug-in to the browser is blocking the display of live links - are you using any? I think it has to be something in your browser configuration.

Keller, TX 76248