Has anyone found a way to keep Verizon Email with old dial-up service
lffrank
Enthusiast - Level 1
When I moved a few years ago I cancelled my version DSL and went to a low cost monthly dial up service, so I could keep my email. The monthly fee has now gone up a whopping $10.00 extra per month. I was told to get a Verizon domain service, but found out that since I was switched to a dail-up plan I can not get the Verizon domain yearly service. I am very frustrated and spent over 3 hours yesterday trying to get some answers, I have had my email address for over 15 years and would hate to change it. I would love to know if anyone has a solution, or to get a response from verizon. Everyone I talk to on the phone is very nice and pleasant but, is clueless on how to help me.
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Has anyone found a way to keep Verizon Email with old dial-up service
johnmickey

Same thing happened to me. Only you cant install FIOS in a virtual dialup installation. I think Verizon cares more about its stock holders.

0 Likes
DemandSVC
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi guys I am in the same situation. More than 10 years ago I was a DSL customer of VZ. They told me to sign up for dial up in order to keep my email when I moved as the area I moved to wasn't serviced by VZ. The price was low enough and believing it was the only option I paid for years. Recently, VZ seems to be wanting to get out of the the dial up business and has raised prices by almost double. They are forgetting that some customers are dial up customers only to keep thier email and whatever it is they are offering to their current broadband customers is not available when in fact it could be made available. I filed a complaint with the FCC and VZ's response was a lame form letter saying they couldn't help me.

I want to know what you are doing, if you have gotten anywhere with your case.

Note: For a fact, Earthlink offers a very low cost way for their customers to keep thier email addresses if they leave thier DSL service. When I found out about this it made me wonder why VZ in the past steered customers to dial up. Basically, VZ is raping its customers.

0 Likes
lffrank
Enthusiast - Level 1
I have not found a solution, and verizon is not helpful and impossible to talk to. Every time I call I get transferred too many times. I would love for them to allow us to sign up for the my domain option. I would not mind, if they had not raised the rates too high.
0 Likes
DemandSVC
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's not that they cant allow the domain option for dial up users. It's the company is to big and bureaucratic. No one is truly interested in customer service enough to effect a change. Instead the employees dont want to rock the boat.