Hate the way the new Message Center looks - Way to change this?
jessm78
Enthusiast - Level 3

After being on the old email view for a while (and having no problem with it), I was suddenly forced onto it today. I really dislike the appearance very much. I have it set up so there's a preview of the email at the bottom. However, it seems the "header" part of the email (with the email title, author, and a strange silhouette pic of a man's head) is larger than the body of the email itself. I don't know if it's because I'm on a rather small netbook computer and it would look better on an actual desktop computer, or if it's the way it's just supposed to look. It's frustrating that the email body part of the window is so tiny and I really have to scroll to see most of it.

I looked at the appearance settings and it seems there is no way to change this. I saw there is a way to change the amount of emails on each page, so that's set at 30 (so I can easily delete old messages). Would changing this make a difference?

I really dislike the silhouette picture of a man's head next to the sender's name and it looks like this is part of the reason why the header part is so large. Also the font of the email title is a little too large for my liking. Is there a way to make this smaller?

I guess I sound picky, but I liked the way the old one looked better and it's hard to read the body of my emails with the header part taking up so much room (and yes, I have the "Display Email Details" option disabled, so that is not the problem). Would it look any different on a desktop computer? I'm on a netbook because I've just moved and haven't been able to get my desktop set up yet. Any advice would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Hate the way the new Message Center looks - Way to change this?
Hubrisnxs
Legend

I don't think you can change back, but can you try http://m.verizon.com and see if that looks better for your netbook?    

0 Likes
Re: Hate the way the new Message Center looks - Way to change this?
jessm78
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the suggestion. 🙂 Tried it and everything still looks the same in the preview pane. 😞 Oh well, hopefully I'll be back on my desktop PC soon and it will look better.

0 Likes